Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir Sport 1

• 07-11-2020 1:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭

Hi guys I have lost Eir Sport 1 no problem with 2 it's coming through the sky box I am an Eir customer , I moved the dish but still no good all other channels are perfect, have almost two full signals on the bottom but nothing showing on the two top signal bars any help appreciated.

I contacted Sky and Eir with no luck Sky said he would resend the signal but no luck was more interested in trying to give me Sky Q

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭swoofer

eir sport one changed frequency so can you try a scan under add channels. use these
    11597V,
    5/6.

It should have updated automatically but this is eir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Storm 10

swoofer wrote: »
    eir sport one changed frequency so can you try a scan under add channels. use these
    11597V,
    5/6.

It should have updated automatically but this is eir.

Hi I tried that in add channels and nothing came up beleive or not Eir Sport 2 is gone now as well

Its the dish, move it back I did a scan on a UK box and it came up as eir sport 1 hd, Use dvb s not s2.

Its the dish, move it back I did a scan on a UK box and it came up as eir sport 1 hd, Use dvb s not s2.

Eir sport 2 is back but no sport 1 I have perfect signal strength on all channels and I had the dish position marked before moving it , it's back to its normal position , see the attached picture of what sport 1 signal is showing.

that meter only shows there is no signal on input one!!! Can you check lead or better still do a swop.

This is what you should see and even with one input you should get eir sport 1.

• Advertisement

that meter only shows there is no signal on input one!!! Can you check lead or better still do a swop.

This is what you should see and even with one input you should get eir sport 1.

What lead do I check/swap if therr was an issue would it not affect all channels or even Eir sport 2 I have all four bars lit up in the rest of the channels.

The signal meter on your sky box should show signal on both inputs regardless of channel chosen. Eir sport 1 hd is vertical and eir sport 2 hd i horizontal and a dodgy LNB can affect either vertical or horizontal. By swopping the leads you check if the cables are ok. The sat leads at back of box.

That eir sport 1 hd can be a bugger and dish has to be spot on.

Is your dish easily reached? CHECK LEADS first when on the picture that shows no signal on top bars.

The signal meter on your sky box should show signal on both inputs regardless of channel chosen. Eir sport 1 hd is vertical and eir sport 2 hd i horizontal and a dodgy LNB can affect either vertical or horizontal. By swopping the leads you check if the cables are ok. The sat leads at back of box.

That eir sport 1 hd can be a bugger and dish has to be spot on.

Is your dish easily reached? CHECK LEADS first when on the picture that shows no signal on top bars.

Thanks I will swap them when I get a chance the dish is on the wall in the garden I removed all the cables yesterday and checked them they seemed fine, I will post if I sort it out appreciate your help.

I switched the cables at the back of the Sky box still the same could it be the LNB

You have to say more, when you switched was there a signal on 2 but nothing on 1??

• Advertisement

You have to say more, when you switched was there a signal on 2 but nothing on 1??

Sorry yes 2 was perfect nothing on 1 I'm baffled by this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,324 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Check to see if it is set on single feed mode.

muffler wrote: »
    Check to see if it is set on single feed mode.

How do I check that, also when it went last week nothing on the Sky dish or Sky receiver had been changed.

I would say the input on the box is gone. Look at it very closely and look for traces of rust or white dust. How old is the box and they do wear out.

To check single feed do this but as you never touched it I would be surprised but you never know.

1- On Sky remote select 'Services'

2- On services screen, press 0,0,1 and then press 'Select' This will open the Sky installer menu.

3- On the installer menu, scroll across and select 'Setup'

4- Scroll down to Single Feed Mode and switch from off to on.

5- Press the green button to store.

fingers crossed.

By the way you can switch to single feed and check eir sport 1 hd, you can always switch back but in single mode this applies.

If you're connecting your Sky+ or Sky+HD box with only one satellite cable. The Sky box should be set to single feed mode so that everything works properly. Please note that when you connecting a satellite PVR with only one satellite cable you will lose the ability to record one programme and watch another or record two programmes at one time, so you shoudl try to connect your Sky box with two satellite cables where possible to get the full range of services.

I would say the input on the box is gone. Look at it very closely and look for traces of rust or white dust. How old is the box and they do wear out.

To check single feed do this but as you never touched it I would be surprised but you never know.

1- On Sky remote select 'Services'

2- On services screen, press 0,0,1 and then press 'Select' This will open the Sky installer menu.

3- On the installer menu, scroll across and select 'Setup'

4- Scroll down to Single Feed Mode and switch from off to on.

5- Press the green button to store.

fingers crossed.

By the way you can switch to single feed and check eir sport 1 hd, you can always switch back but in single mode this applies.

Thanks for your help I will try that the box is quite old its a Sky Plus HD and there are two cables from the dish to the box for the record function, the thing that puzzles me is all other channels have the 4 signal strengths showing nearly to the end of the signal bars except Eir 1 Sport which has only the one signal strength bar its the only channel on my Sky/Sports pack that has this issue, I have another Sky Plus HD Box in the kitchen that I use for the Free channels and it shows the same signal strength for Eir Sport 1 the single bar I tried that this morning.

Now that you mention it you did say you had 2 bars except when yous witched to eir sport 1 hd, now that is weird.

I know eir sport 1 hd can be a real bugger at times, I can lose it in heavy rain but at the moment its coming in loud and clear. I dont use a sky box.

I dont know how techy you are but eir 1 is on the vertical and eir 2 is on the horizontal so to check the vertical can you find channel 7 on sky box, its free to air but uses same transponder as eir sport 1, if you get that then there is something interfering with eir sport 1 ie dodgy card, take out card clean etc.

If you don't get channel 7 then lnb/dish is slightly off, if its a sky dish and lnb then its likely lnb is fixed solid but skew can be a problem as well.

Try channel 7.
    Have you more than one box??

Now that you mention it you did say you had 2 bars except when yous witched to eir sport 1 hd, now that is weird.

I know eir sport 1 hd can be a real bugger at times, I can lose it in heavy rain but at the moment its coming in loud and clear. I dont use a sky box.

I dont know how techy you are but eir 1 is on the vertical and eir 2 is on the horizontal so to check the vertical can you find channel 7 on sky box, its free to air but uses same transponder as eir sport 1, if you get that then there is something interfering with eir sport 1 ie dodgy card, take out card clean etc.

If you don't get channel 7 then lnb/dish is slightly off, if its a sky dish and lnb then its likely lnb is fixed solid but skew can be a problem as well.

Try channel 7.
    Have you more than one box??

I have a 2nd box in the kitchen but I would have to get onto Sky to set up the card for that box

That's a help, check out that channel 7 on both boxes > If you have an online account you can pair the card yourself but I don't know if they restrict the number of times you can pair.

If you need to ring sky use this free phone number. 1800 92 74 76.

That's a help, check out that channel 7 on both boxes > If you have an online account you can pair the card yourself but I don't know if they restrict the number of times you can pair.

If you need to ring sky use this free phone number. 1800 92 74 76.

Thanks I checked out channel 7 on Sky and its not blank there is a Sky channel there with all four signal bars almost at the end.

Its the card. Each month eir via sky send a keep alive code and the last one was early last week. the card updates usually overnight. The fact you have a good signal on channel 7 means dish and lnb is fine. You need to ring sky again and with the box on eir sport 1 hd ask them to -resend the code, its instant ie channel will open but check eir 2 as well before you go off phone.

Take out card and give it a good wipe as well.

Tell sky you have been away and box was unplugged. If that does not work you need a new card ...... or you pair card with other box!!

• Advertisement

Its the card. Each month eir via sky send a keep alive code and the last one was early last week. the card updates usually overnight. The fact you have a good signal on channel 7 means dish and lnb is fine. You need to ring sky again and with the box on eir sport 1 hd ask them to -resend the code, its instant ie channel will open but check eir 2 as well before you go off phone.

Take out card and give it a good wipe as well.

Tell sky you have been away and box was unplugged. If that does not work you need a new card ...... or you pair card with other box!!

Thanks for your help appreciate the replies I will try that, I can cast Eir 1 from my phone to the TV but its bugging me as to what is wrong with it.

Advertisement