Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW9 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Rashford grealish out Bruno Jota in, done
    Grealish out ahead of Brighton at home is a bold move for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Ace2007 wrote: »
    let's be honest here - what form have Man City mids shown to date? Your predicting that they will become good, but unlike Zivech, Bruno and Jota they have no form.

Sterling has 2 goals and 1 assist in 7 games
    Foden has the same and is rotation risk
    KdB has 1 goal and 2 assist in 4 and a bit games
    Mahrez has 1 goal and 1 assist in 5 games
    Torres has 1 assist
    The rest have done nothing.

If Jota starts today then he will be value going forward, but will be a rotation risk.

Their fixtures are great from week 10. They'll turn it around at some point, they already have in the champions league.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Their fixtures are great from week 10. They'll turn it around at some point, they already have in the champions league.
    Yeah the fixtures are hard to ignore - 3 of the bottom 4 (Burnley, Fulham and West Brom) at home in just over 2 weeks. If they start showing form the TSB % makes them ideal candidates for anyone chasing

KDB 15%
    Foden 7%
    Sterling 6%
    Mahrez 2%
    Aguero 1%
    Jesus 1%

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah the fixtures are hard to ignore - 3 of the bottom 4 (Burnley, Fulham and West Brom) at home in just over 2 weeks. If they start showing form the TSB % makes them ideal candidates for anyone chasing

KDB 15%
    Foden 7%
    Sterling 6%
    Mahrez 2%
    Aguero 1%
    Jesus 1%

3 of those 6 aren't starting today, and 2 of them aren't in the squad, so coupled with little form, they are huge rotation risks.

The one player who is shown form for city and is top scorer in the CL for them - you haven't even mentioned above - Torres.

In reality imo the only player people will consider is KdB and ignore all others.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Ace2007 wrote: »
    3 of those 6 aren't starting today, and 2 of them aren't in the squad, so coupled with little form, they are huge rotation risks.

The one player who is shown form for city and is top scorer in the CL for them - you haven't even mentioned above - Torres.

In reality imo the only player people will consider is KdB and ignore all others.

I'd say plenty would consider Jesus f he scores today. I will be anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

siblers wrote: »
    I'd say plenty would consider Jesus f he scores today. I will be anyway

Ha, he's not a city mid though :)

Probably kane out and might gamble on richi for a few weeks at low ownership

Have a wildcard planned at some stage but not exactly sure when maybe after the next round of matches

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Son out for Bruno methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Will definitely have to get rid of Robbo. Definitely not justifying his price tag

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Barring injuries,barkley to grealish i think. Jiminez can wait a week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Saiss out seems like the sensible option and was considering Bellerin but maybe Targett would be the better choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

macraignil wrote: »
    Saiss out seems like the sensible option and was considering Bellerin but maybe Targett would be the better choice.

Perhaps Dias or cancelo if you have 0.5 in the bank?

joeyboy11 wrote: »

Thanks for the suggestions but just the 5.2mill maximum budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭eggy81

Ziyech or Kdb for the next few weeks?
    Are city ready to open up now thst jesus is back.

I know Pep will probably rotate him but Cancelo has been excellent lately.

macraignil wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions but just the 5.2mill maximum budget.

At that price the two your considering are good options. Or else a West Ham defender if you don't have one already.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I know Pep will probably rotate him but Cancelo has been excellent lately.

I'm thinking of getting him in after the spurs game and have a solid back up like KWP if he's rotated. Surely based on his performances the spot is his to lose and he will only be rotated occasionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

TAA > Chillwell/Diaz/Cancelo. Can’t decide who yet. Which is a pity cause I could lose out on 0.2m. Think I’ll wait and asses later in week.

At that price the two your considering are good options. Or else a West Ham defender if you don't have one already.

Thanks. Already have Coufal as a West Ham defender. Was just keeping an eye on price rise estimates and Targett has gone from 46% to a rise to over 68% on fplstatistics this evening so have made the move to swap Saiss for him now as I might miss the price change later in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

sheroman01 wrote: »
    TAA > Chillwell/Diaz/Cancelo. Can’t decide who yet. Which is a pity cause I could lose out on 0.2m. Think I’ll wait and asses later in week.

I’m looking at a similar transfer. I have Reece James so I’m not sure I want to double up on Chelsea defence, although Chilwell is definitely the better long term option (for Chelsea)

So currently leaning towards Cancelo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I suppose we not need to device on a structure for the next few weeks with Citys fixtures turning. Im looking at upgrading Mahrez to KDB. Still leaves me the option of going Son ---- Sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

sheroman01 wrote: »

Have a look at Reguillon too. He same nailed on and very attacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

TAA to Dias likely, they look very solid at the back and they have the fixtures.

Will also spare cash for Jimi to Aguero should he show me something on the return.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Thinking Son out

Ziyech in

Might need to get KDB in but he's too expensive to not make a -4

I'm thinking of getting him in after the spurs game and have a solid back up like KWP if he's rotated. Surely based on his performances the spot is his to lose and he will only be rotated occasionally.

Yea I think so. I think Man City have a clear 1st choice back 4 now for the first time under Pep (even though Walker is an "idiot").

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Are people conscious of KdB losing penalty duty?

Agree City’s fixtures are turning and conscious I have wildcard there.

Took a -4 last night for Jiminez & Son to Fernandes & Watkins

Now have

McCarthy (Nyland)

Chilwell Dias Taylor (Kilman, Johnson)

Salah Fernandes Ziyech Grealish (Burke)

Kane DCL Watkins

Not sure where I fit DeBruyne/Sterling. Only option is Kane to 5mil & Burke to DeBruyne/Sterling

The 3rd striker will be fodder anyway & can be Brewster.

Not sure whether to get hit this too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Looking at a hit for Kane to Jesus/Vardy and Zaha to Bruno

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I really would like to hold off on transfers till later in the week maybe even next week but ffs everyone is so quick to chop and change these days your constantly losing value on players.

Need to get rid of Pereira held onto him too long now having to sort others.

Then there's what to do with Roberston Son and Wilson!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I really would like to hold off on transfers till later in the week maybe even next week but ffs everyone is so quick to chop and change these days your constantly losing value on players.

Need to get rid of Pereira held onto him too long now having to sort others.

Then there's what to do with Roberston Son and Wilson!

Their your sons, so your responsibility ;)

Serious though, in a similar boat. I was feeling an unjustified urgency too to offload one of my sons. Maybe Son --> Ziyech. He's the most transferred out already. But double checking what I paid for him a 0.1 price drop won't affect my selling price for him thankfully so can take the drop.

I wish City were more set, as I can't affrod KDB and am not confident with any of the rest being starters yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Do you have Salah and Kdb/sterling?

I would love a midfield with Salah Bruno and Kdb.
    However to do it I’d need to sell son hamez and Kane and be left with no premium striker.

Or I could possibly find it by downgrading Robertson. Have two free transfers to tinker with over the break.

I will soon have a midfield of salah Bruno KDB. I will get rid of Trent for a cheap defender and this gives me the money for KDB for James rod. City’s fix after spurs are so good I need a city attacker which I currently don’t have

Advertisement