Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW9 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Son vs City high line defending could e very interesting.

With Kane & Son I'd e inclined to get Vardy(pool highline defending) for Kane and wait a week with Son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

A lot of talk of Vardy playing against Liverpool's high line but I can't recall any Liverpool goals conceded in the last month or so as a result of Liverpool playing high.

70% of Vardy's shots this season have been from the penalty spot. His first goal at home this season was yesterday, from the spot. I don't think that Fulham or Sheffield United will be playing a mad line against Leicester especially not SHU who will try to be more compact around the area. Brighton & Everton may give more space alright though but they are games 4 & 5 of the next 5.

Personally I'd be happy to go without Vardy for the next few game weeks and see what way his overall play and shots play out rather than hoping for penalties like Vardy currently is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Maddison may be a decent shout for Leicester!

Trent out for 4 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Son to Fernandez I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Have 2FT's and with the TAA news, looking for a little reschuffle.

TAA, Podence, Kane out
    Walker, Fernandes, Bamford in

Is Walker the best Man City option in defence?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Absolutely not bothered about price changes for these 2 weeks. Covid and injuries concern me more than 0.1/0.2 mill.

Probably son to Ziyech or Bruno, and Wilson to someone for a -4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Was gonna hold on to Trent for one more game but not now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Son Jimenez Digne Out (-4)

Bruno Werner 5.2 defender maybe Zouma

Tempted also by Watkins and Cresswell given there tasty fixtures ??
    Taughts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Son Jimenez Digne Out (-4)

Bruno Werner 5.2 defender maybe Zouma

Tempted also by Watkins and Cresswell given there tasty fixtures ??
    Taughts
    I do think it is a transfer worth doing over what you have, but I'd prefer son and Jimi to kdb and say bamford, the maybe digne to chilwell or city Def following week depending on funds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Would you lads hit a -4 this early if your transfer plans for the next few weeks depended on it? Bruno is one of said guys and if he rises .1 tonight (tomorrow seems more likely) I will have to make a different plan.

I really did not want to make transfers this early in the international break, particularly with Covid, but is it overly cautious to devise a plan you like less to avoid that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The TAA injury is gonna force a -4, but I don't really mind a -4 I think. I have plenty of money ITB so not really pressed for time for price rises/falls.

I'm gonna do TAA -> Cancelo. I like City's fixtures and giving the money invested, I think I could find a route back to TAA when he is fit and becomes a viable option again. I think he has underscored this season, unluckily. Few CS's wiped out by individual errors / harsh VAR calls and likewise assist points taken away by VAR calls and some poor misses by Liverpool attackers.

2nd transfer is gonna be a Villa one but I'm still in 2 minds. I have Barkley and can upgrade to Grealish easily. But I also want to get rid of Brewster as he is doing nothing. I'm looking at Watkins but I can only have 3 Villa players, and I already have Martinez. To do both Barkley -> Grealish & Brewster to Watkins would require a -8, which I won't do.

Which would you go with first ? Barkley -> Grealish or Brewster -> Watkins. I'm currently swaying on option 2 as I would still have a Villa attack minded player for the next game and would have more faith in him outscoring Brewster too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

CSF wrote: »
    Would you lads hit a -4 this early if your transfer plans for the next few weeks depended on it? Bruno is one of said guys and if he rises .1 tonight (tomorrow seems more likely) I will have to make a different plan.

I really did not want to make transfers this early in the international break, particularly with Covid, but is it overly cautious to devise a plan you like less to avoid that?

I think price changes effecting what transfers can be made is a valid reason to go early.

Only seeing who you have to cover for enforced absences would give a clear view of how much of a risk it is to move early.

I already used my one free transfer to replace Saiss who looks to have lost his place in the Wolves team anyway and the player I bought is rising in ownership and I don't want to be checking on price changes for the full international break.

Fitz* wrote: »
    The TAA injury is gonna force a -4, but I don't really mind a -4 I think. I have plenty of money ITB so not really pressed for time for price rises/falls.

I'm gonna do TAA -> Cancelo. I like City's fixtures and giving the money invested, I think I could find a route back to TAA when he is fit and becomes a viable option again. I think he has underscored this season, unluckily. Few CS's wiped out by individual errors / harsh VAR calls and likewise assist points taken away by VAR calls and some poor misses by Liverpool attackers.

2nd transfer is gonna be a Villa one but I'm still in 2 minds. I have Barkley and can upgrade to Grealish easily. But I also want to get rid of Brewster as he is doing nothing. I'm looking at Watkins but I can only have 3 Villa players, and I already have Martinez. To do both Barkley -> Grealish & Brewster to Watkins would require a -8, which I won't do.

Which would you go with first ? Barkley -> Grealish or Brewster -> Watkins. I'm currently swaying on option 2 as I would still have a Villa attack minded player for the next game and would have more faith in him outscoring Brewster too.

Brewster to Watkins first

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I already did but I'd only do it if I was happy with my first sub.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I already did but I'd only do it if I was happy with my first sub.

I’ve done it too but I have the Wildy there if it all goes Pete Thong

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Brewster to Watkins first

Yea Brewster to Watkins is a massive upgrade.
    That would be a move to 3-4-3? Who is the 5th mid?

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

macraignil wrote: »
    I think price changes effecting what transfers can be made is a valid reason to go early.

Only seeing who you have to cover for enforced absences would give a clear view of how much of a risk it is to move early.

I already used my one free transfer to replace Saiss who looks to have lost his place in the Wolves team anyway and the player I bought is rising in ownership and I don't want to be checking on price changes for the full international break.

I did one of my two free transfers early. Son to Bruno. Couldn’t be arsed keeping an eye in price rises over the break! I think I’ll lose out on at least 0.2 if left til the last minute. From the covid cases I’m aware of they weren’t announced til very late so you could wait it out and still get burned

Liverpool with no defenders?

Vardy could have a party.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

dahat wrote: »
    Liverpool with no defenders?

Vardy could have a party.....

We can only hope and pray :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

anyone thinking free hit for GW9? 11 players from Chelsea (newcastle) Aston Villa (Brighton) Everton (Fulham) Man Utd (West Brom) West Ham (Sheff united) and now with Liverpool no defenders Vardy could be a shout

but1er wrote: »
    anyone thinking free hit for GW9? 11 players from Chelsea (newcastle) Aston Villa (Brighton) Everton (Fulham) Man Utd (West Brom) West Ham (Sheff united) and now with Liverpool no defenders Vardy could be a shout

More than half of my players are already playing in those games. How many do you have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

but1er wrote: »

Unless you cant get close to fielding 11 I think burning the FH at this stage of the season with so much uncertainty over the possibilty of covid outbreaks/cancellations not to mention the double gameweeks down the line is pure and utter madness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

With transfers already made can you change your mind before the deadline and not suffer the -4 hit, does it get reversed or do you take another -4 to change your mind?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Muahahaha wrote: »
    With transfers already made can you change your mind before the deadline and not suffer the -4 hit, does it get reversed or do you take another -4 to change your mind?

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/help/rules

We might need to replace Salah (Covid19)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

If he's just going to miss one game I'd probably keep him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Use a sub

Relieved I haven’t made my transfer now while we wait for the Salah info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Relieved I haven’t made my transfer now while we wait for the Salah info.

+1 this won't be the last scare.

Advertisement