Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW9 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

dahat wrote: »
    We might need to replace Salah (Covid19)
    Shedite27 wrote: »
    Use a sub

Pre Season i mention suprised they didn't have a COVID transfer card that you could use say twice in the season when a player is confirm to be out with CVOID,

And the response from a number of posters was - sure that's why you have 4 subs....

Muahahaha wrote: »
    With transfers already made can you change your mind before the deadline and not suffer the -4 hit, does it get reversed or do you take another -4 to change your mind?

Once made they are made.

To change/reverse them would involve taking further hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Having a ****e season.. considering a free hit just to try gain some ground in my leagues.. team as is

Martinez/ryan
    KwP, coady, Mitchell, lamptey, Justin
    Salah, Grealish, Son, Bruno, Burke
    DCL, Bamford, Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Having a ****e season.. considering a free hit just to try gain some ground in my leagues.. team as is

Martinez/ryan
    DCL, Bamford, Kane

Dont use it if you dont have to. Maybe you can catch up a bit later in the season by using it better than them. Still very early in the season. Plug away.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Martinez/ryan
    DCL, Bamford, Kane

What's wrong with the team you have? it's actually a sold enough looking squad that probably got a decent score last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Martinez/ryan
    DCL, Bamford, Kane

Yeah you're team is fine, stick wth the process, luck will turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Anyone considering Cresswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Anyone considering Cresswell?

I like him but his injury record put me off so got Coufal in instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Only Salah missing from my first 11 so far which feels like a result in the circumstances. Have Neto to come in for him so happy to bench him for now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Currently have Robertson and Chilwell flagged but would hope/expect one of them to play.

Have Taylor to come in if needs be (also have Mitchell who is red flagged).

I'm going to keep Salah....have the funds for Anguissa to Jota so that'll be my only transfer I think unless something else happens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Just the 6 players flagged so far.

I will be waiting till the last possible moment to make transfers. A full round of internationals still to be played, and associated travel back to their clubs. There is more to come!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Think I'm gonna only have 10 playing so might do a -4 to get Bruno (c) in for Salah even though it will probably lead to another -4 to get him back by GW12 at the latest.

Essentially only losing 2 points making the transfer this week by only having 10 players and the Bruno (c) makes it worth it I think - would be afraid of Salah away at Brighton next week if he's back though but you can't have everyone. I've no value tied up in Salah either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Hope you're all sitting down for this one.

Stephens (Bur) --> Riedewald

Leaves me with 11 non-flagged players , which includes Son. So a -4 is still a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

TAA > Cancelo/Dias. Leaning towards Cancelo but Dias did score twice for Portugal last night :o ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

CSF wrote: »
    Relieved I haven’t made my transfer now while we wait for the Salah info.

Whats your thinking on Salah?

I think missing for one week i'll hold, missing for two I'll take a -4 to get someone in. IMO its too much money to leave on your bench for two weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭BoysNoize

sheroman01 wrote: »
    TAA > Cancelo/Dias. Leaning towards Cancelo but Dias did score twice for Portugal last night :o ...

Same conundrum myself on Cancelo or Dias...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Green&Red wrote: »

I think missing for one week i'll hold, missing for two I'll take a -4 to get someone in. IMO its too much money to leave on your bench for two weeks

2nd week we're not going to get much clarity on before the deadline I fear... I'm on a WC so I think it's an easy enough sell for me. His price is dropping so hopefully only lose 0.1 getting him back in. Without a WC it's a tough one, you never know how long he could be out for.

I was planning to have Bruno in as a 1 week placeholder for KDB or Sterling. Now I think I'll bring in KDB for Salah and will have the option in GW10 of bringing Salah back in if he's fit for Bruno instead.

Jota as my Liverpool cover.

Alternative is to play hokey-pokey with Mane, but that would mean burning my GW10 transfer on Bruno > KDB which would mean going without Salah for Brighton (H) if he does make it back, so think the other plan gives more flexibility while we wait for news

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Re Jota and Mane - if Liverpool are missing three quarters of their back 4 and Salah, surely its just best to avoid all Liverpool assets for now?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Green&Red wrote: »

Right now, I'm thinking I will move on. I will wait til the very end for additional information though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

I think Ill be getting rid of Salah myself... purely because the 3 lads behind me in my main league have Fernandes and will likely captain him. Will get him for a 1 week shield then swap back (or get KDB) in the week after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

COH wrote: »
    I think Ill be getting rid of Salah myself... purely because the 3 lads behind me in my main league have Fernandes and will likely captain him. Will get him for a 1 week shield then swap back (or get KDB) in the week after.

Jaysus you would be hoping he gets a really good haul to make a one week transfer worth it. A 7 or 8 point captaincy would not be enough to make that worth burning your free transfers for the next 2 weeks (and still eventually wanting Salah or De Bruyne at the end of that)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Re Jota and Mane - if Liverpool are missing three quarters of their back 4 and Salah, surely its just best to avoid all Liverpool assets for now?

I wouldn't say that, its still the best team in the league who should still score goals. especially Jota at his price, well worth it.

Fabinho and Thiago both back too also and good cover in attack if firmino isn't looking good.

But yeah their defenders likely aren't value right now i would say

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

COH wrote: »

Is it not a bit early in the season to be going the shield route? Especially if you're not even going to keep him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Morzadec wrote: »
    2nd week we're not going to get much clarity on before the deadline I fear... I'm on a WC so I think it's an easy enough sell for me. His price is dropping so hopefully only lose 0.1 getting him back in. Without a WC it's a tough one, you never know how long he could be out for.

I was planning to have Bruno in as a 1 week placeholder for KDB or Sterling. Now I think I'll bring in KDB for Salah and will have the option in GW10 of bringing Salah back in if he's fit for Bruno instead.

Jota as my Liverpool cover.

Alternative is to play hokey-pokey with Mane, but that would mean burning my GW10 transfer on Bruno > KDB which would mean going without Salah for Brighton (H) if he does make it back, so think the other plan gives more flexibility while we wait for news

What makes you think his price is dropping?
    -35% on Fpl stat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

BoysNoize wrote: »
    Same conundrum myself on Cancelo or Dias...

Think I'll chance Cancelo, as I have WC and will likely play it soon, so if Cancelo loses his position or rotated too much, I'll swap him for Dias.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I wouldn't say that, its still the best team in the league who should still score goals. especially Jota at his price, well worth it.

Fabinho and Thiago both back too also and good cover in attack if firmino isn't looking good.

But yeah their defenders likely aren't value right now i would say

Fabinho and thiago still haven't trained as far as I know and you may also have henderson out aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Leicester are also potentially without Fofana & Schmeichel.

Jota / Mane becoming really appealing

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Leicester are also potentially without Fofana & Schmeichel.

Jota / Mane becoming really appealing

Schmeichel is playing for Denmark tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Schmeichel is playing for Denmark tonight

Don’t know what I was reading so just now! Was saying his head concussion & PL protocol he’d need to be assessed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

I wouldn't say that, its still the best team in the league

Really? We will have to agree to disagree on that, Liverpool are built on the basis of a strong back 5, its what won them the league, without that springboard they are at the very best unknown.

Advertisement