Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW9 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Really? We will have to agree to disagree on that, Liverpool are built on the basis of a strong back 5, its what won them the league, without that springboard they are at the very best unknown.

Well that’s not true!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ste551

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Don’t know what I was reading so just now! Was saying his head concussion & PL protocol he’d need to be assessed

stop trolling

ste551 wrote: »
    stop trolling

Will do

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Does Mane usually play a bigger part in Liverpool's attack when Salah is out? His form this year has been solid but not spectacular.
    I was thinking KDB for Salah but considering Mane now.

Already did Son to Bruno and this will be my 2nd free transfer.

I have Robertson and Chilwell who were flagged but they were involved tonight (Chilwell stayed on the bench) so will assume they are good to play this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Don’t know what I was reading so just now! Was saying his head concussion & PL protocol he’d need to be assessed

He probably had a concussion assessment after getting a knee in the head the other night. I'm sure Leicester doctors will still examine him again when he gets back, just to be sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

stop trolling

Your first post in the forum...who's the real troll here?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

stop trolling

Ya Chesty

Anyone wants a good laugh have a scroll back through Ste’s posts. His transition from racist ladies man to vehement anti-gambling man is......, well I wouldn’t like to label it

He probably had a concussion assessment after getting a knee in the head the other night. I'm sure Leicester doctors will still examine him again when he gets back, just to be sure.

That’s what I was reading , albeit prob a day or 2 old. Never even checked the lineup last night & to be honest surprised he played.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Well that’s not true!

Hard to argue with that, thanks for putting me straight ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    Does Mane usually play a bigger part in Liverpool's attack when Salah is out? His form this year has been solid but not spectacular.
    I was thinking KDB for Salah but considering Mane now.

Already did Son to Bruno and this will be my 2nd free transfer.

I have Robertson and Chilwell who were flagged but they were involved tonight (Chilwell stayed on the bench) so will assume they are good to play this weekend.

I read a post on this on Reddit, that looked at I think 5-6 games of Mane playing where Salah was absent.

The take home was that there was no real pattern. His returns were decent (I think 2 goals 2 assists), but think they came across 2 games so a few blanks in there too. My numbers may not be 100% accurate but the top line of there being nothing really to take from it either way is.

Given the injury crisis Milner will almost certainly play so will be on pens. I would've held out some hope for Mane to take pens otherwise which would have made him very tempting. I think I'm going to go without, stick with just Jota vs Leicester and bring Salah back in for Brighton if he's available for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

^^^ there has been at least one occasion that Milner was on the pitch and Salah took the penalty this season be in PL or CL I can’t recall off hand

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Ace2007 wrote: »
    ^^^ there has been at least one occasion that Milner was on the pitch and Salah took the penalty this season be in PL or CL I can’t recall off hand

Midtjylland in the CL.

As for Mane without Salah. It's hard to know as tbh, Salah tends to always play all the league games. Even last season when he was carrying the ankle injury, he started most games before being taken off. He scored a couple then too.

I can remember one game a few years ago away at Stoke when Mane scored, but then Salah came off the bench and scored twice. Mane set up one of those. There were 2 other game that Salah didn't start and both times Mane scored and Liverpool won by a goal.

Last season, Salah didn't start against Palace, Everton & Man United. Mane scored 2 and set up 2 in those games. Man United he had a goal VAR'd out. The Everton 0-0 was a messy first game back after restart.

The season before there is no data as it didn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Yeah if Salah and Milner are on the pitch it's unclear. Salah took it in the last minute of a CL game that was wrapped up, but not totally sure if it was a high pressure kick with the game in the balance. I'd probably expect Salah to take it as he hasn't missed yet this season (although personally I have more confidence in Milner).

My point was that if Milner will likely play the next few matches, and with Salah out of at least the next one, penalties will go to him rather than any possibility of Mane taking them. (So Mane becomes slightly less desirable as a swap for Salah)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Morzadec wrote: »
    Yeah if Salah and Milner are on the pitch it's unclear. Salah took it in the last minute of a CL game that was wrapped up, but not totally sure if it was a high pressure kick with the game in the balance. I'd probably expect Salah to take it as he hasn't missed yet this season (although personally I have more confidence in Milner).

My point was that if Milner will likely play the next few matches, and with Salah out of at least the next one, penalties will go to him rather than any possibility of Mane taking them. (So Mane becomes slightly less desirable as a swap for Salah)

Mane has a very bad penalty record.

Missed one against Liverpool for Southampton (saved by Mignolet but went on to score twice after). And he missed one for Liverpool in the CL against Red Star Belgrade (and scored a few minutes later)

For Senegal, he has scored 3 and missed 2. 1 of those scored and 1 of those missed came in the same game.

Overall, scored 3 missed 4.

Yea I realised after I posted that sure Milner probably ahead of Mane.

However folk going from Salah to KDB have to remember KDB missed his last penalty - will he be on them next? Given that I think the penalties only landed with him cause others missed - I’m sure next in line be thinking its their turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Milner will be on penalties with Salah out, that’s a certainty.

I also think KDB had scored enough in a row not to be taken off them after 1 miss.

Benimar wrote: »
    Milner will be on penalties with Salah out, that’s a certainty.

I also think KDB had scored enough in a row not to be taken off them after 1 miss.

You could of said the same about Aguero when he was taking off them, only time will tell - they don't get too many anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

You could of said the same about Aguero when he was taking off them, only time will tell - they don't get too many anyway.

In fairness Aguero had missed 3 of his previous 6 when he was taken off them.

Benimar wrote: »
    In fairness Aguero had missed 3 of his previous 6 when he was taken off them.

I know but lifetime success is like 75% and 80%+ in the PL over a large sample in relative terms, where as KdB is at 77% lifetime and 60% in the PL over much smaller sample.

Given that Aguero is still out, KdB might keep it - but no one really knows.

It would be interesting though if for example they got one this weekend and Sterling scored it - would Sterling be viewed higher value than KdB for FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Looking at Salah out, Bruno in.

Will look at KDB in the following week.

Thankfully not many flags, Wilson the only other one and I've a decent bench so feel I can afford to play the transfers a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

My team atm - McCarthy, Justin, James, KWP, Zouma, Son, Grealish, Salah, Vardy, Kane, DCL

Salah for Soucek is my only current option without a transfer. Not sure if i want to transfer him out for now, or just put him on the bench this week. Was thinking Salah to Fernandes if i do a transfer though.

Would you go with Vardy or Double City attack (Sterling/DeBruyne)

Fernandes is due to rise tonight for anyone like me thinking of getting him in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Fernandes is due to rise tonight for anyone like me thinking of getting him in.

When does a players price change?

Kiith wrote: »

Price rises or drops can only happen once a day at approx 2am each day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Kiith wrote: »

Looking at the price change thread, before 01:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I think we'll all be tuned in to the press conferences today.....I'll probably be doing Bruno in for Salah.

Would like to get Jota in but don't think it's worth a hit

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

Hi Guys

I've toyed with the idea of using my wildcard for about 3 weeks at this stage, and some of you guys rightly advised that I hold off until the international break which has just passed. See attached photo my current squad which as you can see is not in good shape. Should I press go on the wildcard, and if so what are people's thoughts on my potential new squad shown in the second pic?

PS: I'm a very superstitious Utd fan so I have deliberately excluded Utd players!

PGL wrote: »
    Hi Guys

I've toyed with the idea of using my wildcard for about 3 weeks at this stage, and some of you guys rightly advised that I hold off until the international break which has just passed. See attached photo my current squad which as you can see is not in good shape. Should I press go on the wildcard, and if so what are people's thoughts on my potential new squad shown in the second pic?

PS: I'm a very superstitious Utd fan so I have deliberately excluded Utd players!

Two pieces of advice, best to post the teams as text as it's easier for the reader especially on mobile and not having to swap between tabs to see the teams!

Never bring your club loyalties into FPL, all on the same page :D

You've got the bones of a good team pre WC, Salah and TAA for Bruno and Chilwell could solve the headache this week and give you 11 players.

Your GK's in WC team are too expensive but I like your front 7/8. Moving Schmeichel/Leno to a 4.0 fodder will allow you to upgrade your defence. I was all set for Jota but backed away, think it's a good choice though.

Best of luck.

• Advertisement

From reading what Klopp said, it appears that Salah is arriving back in the UK today, so if he was to test negative any day next week - could he play against Brighton?

Advertisement