Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC alarm and extra door sensors

Options
  • 07-11-2020 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Gents
    Looking to add a couple of extra door contacts on a garden shed ( slim sensor reed) which I am trying to link off what I believe is an ID shock sensors on a window from the house. As per the photos I am just using back & red from window out to the shed but get an "ID Bus fault". The yellow on the window goes into a terminal labeled "data". Do I need to connect yellow up as well out in the shed sensor and if so does it matter if it is wired to the terminal beside black or red on shed sensor. Didn't wanted to use same type of sensor in the house out in the shed as think I would get to many false alarms.

Have access to engineer mode

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 darraghwex

Thats all wrong, sorry,,,The slim line contact wires, red and black,in the shed,Don't go into the red and black on the point ID sensor,they go into the bit thats marked contact, remove the stable, and put in the red and black from the slim line contact,The red and black in the point ID sensor is 12 volts,and the yellow is data, you might need a new fuse in the pannell and a new slim line sensor as well, if the 12volts shorted on the seneor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

:) Thanks, will have a play tomorrow. No faults on the panel so think fuse is all good.

I know there has been a lot of line fault posts but didnt see any concrete reason. Can anyone tell me from the extra photo if the GSM-Q I have is why I get so many line faults or is it down to the eir sim, software would be original. I have stuck in a 3Sim in as a test and when you look in status it goes 80-100% signal strength. Was thinking of using HKC securcomm app, do I need to change my gsm card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

You are lucky that the 10/70 /270 has reset-able fuses.

As regards your GSM Issue, is there a particular time of day that you get these GSM Line faults ?

Like a lot of people use to happen late in the evening and sometimes in the day. Does any particular sim card network work better or would a software update if available sort the issue. Does HKC app version have the same issues or is that using wifi

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

cubix wrote: »
    Like a lot of people use to happen late in the evening and sometimes in the day. Does any particular sim card network work better or would a software update if available sort the issue. Does HKC app version have the same issues or is that using wifi

All Mobile networks reset their repeaters every 24 hours, as your SIM card is in the communicator then the panel is constantly monitoring the health of same and no doubt once the network drops, it will be detected by the panel and it will report a fault at the RKP.

That is an issue when you have a single operators SIM card.

As regards the GSM/ WiFi unit, well that is a lot better. It has a World Sim on board and works on all mobile networks. So if one goes down it connects to the next best etc.
    Even though it is also on WiFi it will still be monitoring the mobile networks and moving from one to the other as signal strengths vary.

• Advertisement

👍

Advertisement