Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reputable Zenith Retailers in Ireland

• 07-11-2020 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hi, have decided to go for my grail watch for Christmas. Its a ZENITH EL PRIMERO Chronomaster.
    Anybody know of retailers of Zeniths in Ireland?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,012 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Weir & son in Dublin is the only one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭Fitz II

I have tried on a lot of Zenith in Weirs, so if you buy one there its likely been worn by a good few shoppers. Or you could get one half price on the second hand market. Zenith are beautiful watches, long history, very well made. However they tank on the secondary market. And second hand you will get the exact same watch at 40 to 50 percent less than retail.

In watches, there is no great advantage to a new watch (there are a few exceptions to this, but they are few and far between). As soon as you put it on, its worn and any imperfection in a older watch can be removed with a service for a reasonable fee.

Which model are you after? There is a open heart on adverts at the moment for 4k https://www.adverts.ie/dress/zenith-el-primero-chronomaster/21104935 the new price is 8800 on that watch.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

What Fitz said Blub. No way in hell would I spend hard earned on a new Zenith.* Never mind that while all luxury watches are "overpriced" Zenith didn't even bother to hide this gouging when about 8 or 10 years back they upped the prices of all their watches across the range for no reason save to milk customers. And like Fitz also notes they(like 90% of brands) make depreciation on a new car look like profit.

Zenith make some lovely watches and have one hell of a history, one that blows the doors off many fancier brands on a few levels, but I'd definitely go second hand buying one. Better the money in your pocket in my humble.

*Or most brands.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭893bet

Zenith elite moon phase is on my radar.

Def wouldn’t entertain retail.

Not watches that come up for sale much in ROI.

Suspect the like of watchfinder or any dealer would be open to offers on their Zeniths.

50-60 percent of RRP is where you need to be buying at to not take a bathe entirely second hand.

But if it’s a special purchase ....then I suspect a lot of ADs will give 20 percent off. Could be a good time to ring Weirs who I assume are doing a click and collect service and would entertain a decent discount on an out of demand model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

If this came out a few weeks ago I would have been really tempted…

https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Zenith/Defy/95.9001.9100/78.R920/48653/item/171525?searchId=c06bde9c-89e6-4569-97fa-c372722cdda2&rank=1

Rrp of 18000 I believe - 2020 so almost new and down to 9900 euro already…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Fitz II wrote: »
    There is a open heart on adverts at the moment for 4k https://www.adverts.ie/dress/zenith-el-primero-chronomaster/21104935 the new price is 8800 on that watch.

Ouch - high price point to be making the open heart mistake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭Fitz II

scwazrh wrote: »
    Ouch - high price point to be making the open heart mistake

There is the same one on Watchfinder for about 3500 euro, so that one might be optimistic. I get you though, the open heart things symmetry is jarring to me, but some people like the design, and the open heart at the 9 oclock is a very zenith trademerk.

Advertisement