Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chain Selection

Options
  • 07-11-2020 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭

Had a quick look on Halfords for 9 speed chains, and there's three options that I'm looking at

Shimano HG53
    Shimano HG93
    SRAM PC971

Any recommendations, or reasons to pick one over the other?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Which ever is cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭cletus

There's a Clark 9 speed for a tenner. Does "whichever is cheapest" still hold with that? Or is it just that the Shimano/SRAM chains are all equal

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

cletus wrote: »
    There's a Clark 9 speed for a tenner. Does "whichever is cheapest" still hold with that? Or is it just that the Shimano/SRAM chains are all equal

I’d stick with Shimano SRAM and KMC but I’m sure the Clark’s chain would do the job just as good. 9speed chains are quite chunky and from experience don’t wear as quick as newer 11speed chains so you should get good mileage from Whichever one you pick.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,572 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the 93 is supposedly a little more durable than the 53. only a couple of euro in the difference, from what i can see.

Advertisement