Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you adhering to the Households rule?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭acequion

Please grow up a bit now. You are coming across like a twelve year old stamping their feet.

And I could say to you to go off and mind your own business as I wasn't even talking to you.

You're coming across as a busybody who has to stick their nose in just for the sake of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭VonLuck

acequion wrote: »
    And I could say to you to go off and mind your own business as I wasn't even talking to you.

You're coming across as a busybody who has to stick their nose in just for the sake of it.

Telling people to mind their own business when posting in a public forum. Interesting thought process there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Fcuks sake @ the extra amount of people mingling today after the speech by Mehole last night

He says "Christmas visits allowed upto 3 families"

Idiots hear "Let's all visit each other now!"

By mid January we are absolutely screwed

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Fcuks sake @ the extra amount of people mingling today after the speech by Mehole last night

The poor enforcement has made all this one big joke. People should be absolutely hammered for not adhering.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

The poor enforcement has made all this one big joke. People should be absolutely hammered for not adhering.
    Hammered how? 9 months of this has made people very tired psychologically and some even more heavy handed actions are not going to make them respond any better.

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »
    Hammered how? 9 months of this has made people very tired psychologically and some even more heavy handed actions are not going to make them respond any better.

Tired? Ah God love them, the virus better stop spreading so.

Though to answer your question - financially.

9 months of this has made people very tired psychologically

I've let the once in a century virus know about this and it says it'll go away till January 1st

In its own words:

"Ah sure go on then. It is Christmas after all"

Tired? Ah God love them, the virus better stop spreading so.
    I think people call what they are doing, living. I, for one, am grateful not to be a teen or twenty something facing this thing with very limited life experiences. The majority are doing the right thing and it'll keep spreading till we can test the hell out of it or the vaccines arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Though to answer your question - financially.

Imagine the likes of you in power, you'd make Stalin blush.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Advertisement

I've let the once in a century virus know about this and it says it'll go away till January 1st

In its own words:

"Ah sure go on then. It is Christmas after all"
    People care less about the virus than a need to make the season seem semi normal and to see the people who are important to them and I don't begrudge them at all. It's a pretty long time to be joyless and I think they'll accept the hit even if you don't.

TomTomTim wrote: »

Yeah Stalin was known for the fines :rolleyes:

I think people call what they are doing, living. I, for one, am grateful not to be a teen or twenty something facing this thing with very limited life experiences. The majority are doing the right thing and it'll keep spreading till we can test the hell out of it or the vaccines arrive.

You're wasting your time expecting any reason from zealots. And anybody who name calls and wants to punish ordinary people for doing exactly what you say, "living," as normal social humans do, are indeed zealots and don't get the time of day from me.

As another poster said they'd make the likes of Stalin blush.

People care less about the virus than a need to make the season seem semi normal and to see the people who are important to them and I don't begrudge them at all. It's a pretty long time to be joyless and I think they'll accept the hit even if you don't.

If adults can't sacrifice one Christmas then they're selfish kids

The problem isn't Christmas day itself. The problem is we're still in November and people are acting the bollix

Imagine what we're going to be like by December 23rd!

By mid to late January we'll be above a thousand cases a day easily. Ireland's CFR, last I saw, was at 4%. So for every of those thousand cases a day we can expect 40 deaths

All for one lousy Christmas?

People need to grow the fcuk up tbh

You're wasting your time expecting any reason from zealots. And anybody who name calls and wants to punish ordinary people for doing exactly what you say, "living," as normal social humans do, are indeed zealots and don't get the time of day from me.

As another poster said they'd make the likes of Stalin blush.

The same as the ones that flout and think only of themselves will get no time of day from me. The rift from resentment all this will tear in society will take decades to heal.
    The lawless brigade will, of course, be full of self superiority in that too.

The problem isn't Christmas day itself. The problem is we're still in November and people are acting the bollix

By mid to late January we'll be above a thousand cases a day easily. Ireland's CFR, last I saw, was at 4%. So for every of those thousand cases a day we can expect 40 deaths

But they’re only “living”, well except for the people that they help to kill because they want to start Christmas right now. But them and their families probably don’t really matter in the grand scheme of everyone doing whatever they like.

The rift from resentment all this will tear in society will take decades to heal.

I wouldn't go that far, but it will break up friendships and cause big rifts in families

It already has

• Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

If adults can't sacrifice one Christmas then they're selfish kids.The problem isn't Christmas day itself. The problem is we're still in November and people are acting the bollix.Imagine what we're going to be like by December 23rd! By mid to late January we'll be above a thousand cases a day easily. Ireland's CFR, last I saw, was at 4%. So for every of those thousand cases a day we can expect 40 deaths All for one lousy Christmas?

Luke O'Neill is that you?

Wild statements, dire predictions, screw Christmas? About as sensitive and pleasant as a molotov cocktail through a window! A rotten attitude to have towards the majority of people in Ireland who have sacrificed so much over the past 8 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

I have been adhering to the rules since March but I have been ahead of the Government and NPHET advice. I have been cocooning before the Government suggested it because I have a blood cancer and I am at very high risk from COVID. I last saw my parents in early October when they popped by outside with some supplies. I also see my sister twice a week when she pops by with supplies. I had to celebrate my 50th birthday on my todd but my sister popped around with presents from her and my parents, my brother and his wife and kids popped by with presents and I got to see them briefly outside. I also had a group FaceTime with my parents and brother and sister. I am pissed off that the sacrifices I am making are not being matched by others.

I will be going to my parents for Christmas and I can't bloody wait. My sister and I will be there for at least 7 days. I am not sure when I will see my brother and his family but I am so happy to be going to my parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

What a **** attitude - if you don’t like Christmas fine but don’t look down your nose at the rest of us who have been in the same boat all year and want a break from this nonsense. Don’t worry, covid will still be here in the new year and we can all back to the gloom and doom from Jan 1st, but for Xmas, Covid and everything to do with it can **** right off.

• Advertisement

It’ll be bigger and better than ever in January with you lot at the wheel. Thanks.

Are you always that aggressive? Do you always go around hating people who don't do as you think they should? And what gives you the right to be so judgmental of others? Are you perfect?

It’ll be bigger and better than ever in January with you lot at the wheel. Thanks.

I wouldn’t worry too much about January, Dr Doom and co already have another 3 lockdowns pencilled in regardless so I wouldn’t be worrying too much about Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Thats me

TomTomTim wrote: »

Stalin would put one or few breached restrictions into prison and others would suddenly behave well and would even stop thinking of breaching rules. He would save more lives than frigid government which cannot enforce any rules. Which approach is more humanistic?

Thats me wrote: »
    Stalin would put one or few breached restrictions into prison and others would suddenly behave well and would even stop thinking of breaching rules. He would save more lives than frigid government which cannot enforce any rules. Which approach is more humanistic?

Tony isn’t going to show up on your doorstep with a box of chocolates for being a good little boot locker, you need to rethink your outlook.

Tony isn’t going to show up on your doorstep with a box of chocolates for being a good little boot locker, you need to rethink your outlook.

Do you really think that’s why the few decent people are following the health advice? You’ve a dirty attitude and I doubt anyone should rethink an outlook to have one similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,510 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I wouldn't go that far, but it will break up friendships and cause big rifts in families

It already has

I find a lot of people simply don’t care anymore.
    People are in and out of one another’s houses, doing stuff they shouldn’t, etc and I include health care workers in this.
    People are careful who they say what there up to because they know some will make a fuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Are you always that aggressive? Do you always go around hating people who don't do as you think they should? And what gives you the right to be so judgmental of others? Are you perfect?

what gives him/her the right is that their actions can directly be the cause of lifelong illness or death for others - including those who have to put their life at risk to diagnose them, treat them, care for them and their infected family members, and bury them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭bloopy

Gonna have to listen to a lot of sermons over the next month or so.

• Advertisement

Do you really think that’s why the few decent people are following the health advice? You’ve a dirty attitude and I doubt anyone should rethink an outlook to have one similar.

I’ve put up with this as much as anyone else, have followed everything to a tee. But the repetition of how “concerned” Tony is, how the next x weeks are “crucial”, how we all need to “do more” has worn itself out. I’m sick of it, I’m sick of them telling us we all have to lock ourselves away because 200 people a day out of 4.9 million are catching this ****ing thing. I’m sick of them telling me I can’t travel to see my family or I’ll be fined by the gardai at their checkpoints. And I’m absolutely sick to **** of all the head nodders who would love this **** to go in forever and ever because they are introverted weirdos and hate the idea of a normal society where they might have to interact with someone.

The whole lot of it can **** the **** off at this stage.

Advertisement