Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you adhering to the Households rule?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    There is zero chance i could get covid on an empty beach but its outside the 5kms so I cant go .

It’s against the rules. Confronted a strange looking jogger this morning, an outsider with a bad attitude who seemed to think he could jog wherever he wanted. Not on my patch. I used shame to banish him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I agree with you .I have a nephew in a different county who could technically speaking visit his grandmothers grave in this county but not his parents who live 15 minutes away from the graveyard

His dead grandmother and himself cannot infect each other

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

His dead grandmother and himself cannot infect each other

And I cant infect a beach or it me but I am still not allowed go there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

True.

Bit of a sweeping statement. You may either be lacking compassion or people to visit on compassionate grounds but not all of us are so unlucky. I would be making visits on these grounds whether the loopholes as you call them are there or not. Also if someone wants to visit a grave, there is Absolutely no chance of them contracting the virus from their already dead loved one.

I see no problem with someone visiting the grave of a loved one, but the majority have proven they’ll use every loophole going to take advantage of. It’s the people saying they’re going to a grave and going elsewhere I’d be concerned about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

It's a large complex issue. You keep the rules simple so everyone knows them.

My honest opinion is, if you live in a rural setting beside a beach only you go to. Then no harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

The rules cannot cover every situation, I can see why the graveyard exception exists.

Nobody needs to go to a beach.

I can see why someone who has recently lost someone might need to go to a grave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I have a sister that went to her in-laws house for Christmas, spent the couple fo days there. Then travelled 200 kilometres into the Midlands and stayed with my mother (who I can't visit) , stayed with her and then visited other homes of other siblings.

Then to top it off her partner travelled all the way down to Midlands town to collect her and bring her back to their shared Dublin house.

I'm so annoyed I can't talk to her.

I see no problem with someone visiting the grave of a loved one, but the majority have proven they’ll use every loophole going to take advantage of. It’s the people saying they’re going to a grave and going elsewhere I’d be concerned about.

A wild guess but I’d imagine you have no proof of this.

D3V!L wrote: »
    I have a sister that went to her in-laws house for Christmas, spent the couple fo days there. Then travelled 200 kilometres into the Midlands and stayed with my mother (who I can't visit) , stayed with her and then visited other homes of other siblings.

Then to top it off her partner travelled all the way down to Midlands town to collect her and bring her back to their shared Dublin house.

We were only chatting here about situations like that .It is beginning to cause rifts and rows among families and its a very sad thing to see .

• Advertisement

The rules cannot cover every situation, I can see why the graveyard exception exists.

Nobody needs to go to a beach.

I can see why someone who has recently lost someone might need to go to a grave

Yes , I can understand that , but unfortunately its a loop hole open wide to abuse

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Paddygreen wrote: »
    It’s against the rules. Confronted a strange looking jogger this morning, an outsider with a bad attitude who seemed to think he could jog wherever he wanted. Not on my patch. I used shame to banish him.

League-Of-Gentlemen.jpg

D3V!L wrote: »

Can you not wait and see if anyone becomes ill as a result of her actions? You could also take into account the fact that all those people welcomed her into their homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Browning

My Brother and his wife plus four kids when to her mother's on christmas day for dinner. There they met 5 other family groups in total approx 14-18 people. Guess what 7 have already tested positive including my brother. He is floored with it at the minute, hopefully he will be ok. In the meantime his business and livelehood is in jeopardy. Its all about the small decisions and choices that you make. Was an oversized dinner worth catching covid. Ask my brother and his family. I think you know the answer.

Why would you be concerned? Its none of your business. Move on, live your own life and take your own precautions. You cannot control the actions of others, we will get through this. Stop being concerned about "others". It will make you happier too. :)

Why would you be concerned? Its none of your business. Move on, live your own life and take your own precautions. You cannot control the actions of others, we will get through this. Stop being concerned about "others". It will make you happier too. :)

That’s not how all this works. Every needless risk the likes of you take increases the risk for everyone else, including me and the people I care about. Unfortunately your rotten attitude to others seems to be the common one too. We went from clapping on the doorsteps to sneaking around parties and forgetting our elderly very quick when it stopped suiting. Awful nation we’ve turned into.

A wild guess but I’d imagine you have no proof of this.

That’s what it always boils down to for someone on here that has nothing to say. No sorry, I didn’t run a survey on the general public. I just opened my eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

That’s what it always boils down to for someone on here that has nothing to say. No sorry, I didn’t run a survey on the general public. I just opened my eyes.

When one makes a claim , it’s not unreasonable to ask for evidence of said claim tbh.

When one makes a claim , it’s not unreasonable to ask for evidence of said claim tbh.

It’s not reasonable at all to expect someone to run a survey of the whole country to state something, no. I’m on the roads enough, it’s obvious.

It’s not reasonable at all to expect someone to run a survey of the whole country to state something, no. I’m on the roads enough, it’s obvious.

I envy the cocoons Reg. I am always out and about too Reg and It is absolutely horrific out there, people doing stuff, I start gagging, makes me sick Reg.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Interesting comment, when in the best of times this is a country of curtain twitchers, school gate gossipers, and judgmental begrudgery so bad it's a national pastime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

We will all only get through this If we all do as we are being asked. We are in this situation now because people took the piss. People continued to visit multiple people, failed to wear masks, failed to keep their distance.

The really annoying thing is we all have the power to make this easier on eachother by making small sacrifices. It’s evident there are plenty who don’t want to play ball

jrosen wrote: »
    We will all only get through this If we all do as we are being asked. We are in this situation now because people took the piss. People continued to visit multiple people, failed to wear masks, failed to keep their distance.

The really annoying thing is we all have the power to make this easier on eachother by making small sacrifices. It’s evident there are plenty who don’t want to play ball

Shame. Public shaming is the way to go. Pointing and shunning are great tools, point at the rule breakers at a distance then shun them to drive home the point that they are unclean. The dermatitis is so bad on my hands now from slathering them with industrial alcohol and a cocktail of various chemicals that I finding it harder to point. Who’ll take my place?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

Don’t be flippant, it achieves nothing. Outside grabbing you those few thanks you need anyway.

For now they should fall under the 5km rule at the very least and not be an open excuse for any amount of travel. People can’t visit their relations that are alive currently so I don’t see why this is being left as a loophole just to visit dead ones.

Paddy is a parody account but it `s quite obvious that he is anti restrictions at heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

dwainec wrote: »
    If this is true they may as well just open fully. What a joke of a "lock down"

Anyone that wants to 100% lockdown, can. And they’ll be 100% safe. Why so nosy about what others do?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Anyone that wants to 100% lockdown, can. And they’ll be 100% safe. Why so nosy about what others do?

And anyone that wanted to did, but clearly without the majority of people doing the same the country is in big trouble. No one is 100% safe when the health care system of said country is on it's knees.

Stateofyou wrote: »
    And anyone that wanted to did, but clearly without the majority of people doing the same the country is in big trouble. No one is 100% safe when the health care system of said country is on it's knees.

The health care system is the least busy it’s been for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

jrosen wrote: »

Took the piss is putting it mildly. I help out with a football team that has good facilities. 90% of the trades is from regulars. Well, all I can say is that during the month of December they behaved like cnuts. 3 or 4 drinks is all it took. Broke every rule/piece of guidance in the book. Literally didn’t give a fcuk. All ages, all backgrounds. Pig ignorant. Well **** them, because they probably won’t see a pint fir another theee months.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

The health care system is the least busy it’s been for years.

Evidence for this claim?

• Advertisement

Evidence for this claim?

All figures available from the HSE.

Advertisement