Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you adhering to the Households rule?

Options
1252627282931»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Over 50% of the hospital cases, caught it IN hospital!!

That's a lie.

timeToLive wrote: »
    Target everyone because the hospitals will be overrun with those people.. who aren't going to end up in the hospital.. got it ;)

What would you do?

Lots of people complaining but when it comes to solutions...

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Accidentally

Rodin wrote: »
    The whole bubble thing is nonsense.
    Travelling the length and breadth of the country to get the ride a few times a week? Ridiculous

To be honest, I don't see what your issue is. If you have two people living alone in isolation, I don't see the risk in them seeing each other. Is this about Covid, or are we now on a crusade to stamp out every last bit of happiness in people's lives?

To be honest, I don't see what your issue is. If you have two people living alone in isolation, I don't see the risk in them seeing each other. Is this about Covid, or are we now on a crusade to stamp out every last bit of happiness in people's lives?

Nobody really exists in isolation unless they're off the grid and growing their own veg. Even then post may arrive or other supermarket items are needed.
    No man is an island.

Two single people living completely separate and alone and not meeting others and working from home is certainly lower risk but not no risk.

Nobody really exists in isolation unless they're off the grid and growing their own veg. Even then post may arrive or other supermarket items are needed.
    No man is an island.

Two single people living completely separate and alone and not meeting others and working from home is certainly lower risk but not no risk.

There is nobody in the country that is no risk, so that's an impossible standard to hold anyone to. I don't understand the need to condem two people for meeting up, if they live alone and have little or no interaction with anyone else.

• Advertisement

There is nobody in the country that is no risk, so that's an impossible standard to hold anyone to. I don't understand the need to condem two people for meeting up, if they live alone and have little or no interaction with anyone else.

Little isn't no. I don't believe people should be traipsing across the country regularly.
    You see no problem with it. I do.
    That's really all there is to it.

One person's definition of 'little interaction' is very different to anothers.
    Some might say buying a burger in Ringsend is little interaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭dublin_paul

Little isn't no. I don't believe people should be traipsing across the country regularly.

You want people to destroy their relationships by not seeing each other? lol :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I've no interest in burgers or Ringsend, but I am interested in why you want to condemn couples for using a bubble to see each other, even when they observe all the rules and it's completely legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭timeToLive

What about Tuburdy doing the late late? Or the CMO going on that show? I suppose you'll say that's critical work :D

How about rugby and GAA going ahead during the last lockdowns? :p 'but but they're athleeeeetes'

• Advertisement

I've no interest in burgers or Ringsend, but I am interested in why you want to condemn couples for using a bubble to see each other, even when they observe all the rules and it's completely legal.

Very few people can afford to live alone in Dublin so observation of the bubbles by the letter is largely not possible and only benefits the wealthy

Very few people can afford to live alone in Dublin so observation of the bubbles by the letter is largely not possible and only benefits the wealthy

I understand that, but that would be a breach of the rules unless everyone else in the house never meets with anyone outside. If you're sharing a house, you cannot be responsible for everyone in it, but it does significantly increase the risk

I understand that, but that would be a breach of the rules unless everyone else in the house never meets with anyone outside. If you're sharing a house, you cannot be responsible for everyone in it, but it does significantly increase the risk

It does increase risk but why would anyone agree to torpedo their relationship by not seeing their SO? Especially when there are shops open, builders working, sports on etc etc... It's not realistic and it's not a reasonable ask from society

I'm only ok with bubbling across the breadth/length of the country if the two people live singly alone, work from home and have no other social contact.

Just look at the news ffs

It does increase risk but why would anyone agree to torpedo their relationship by not seeing their SO? Especially when there are shops open, builders working, sports on etc etc... It's not realistic and it's not a reasonable ask from society

The problem there is that all those other things are happening. I'd shut those down too.
    There. Even.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Er

What now?
    Growing Covid-19 cases in young people due to visits ‘for a cup of tea’, not house parties, HSE says

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/growing-covid-19-cases-in-young-people-due-to-visits-for-a-cup-of-tea-not-house-parties-hse-says-1.4491622
    Visits to other households to watch sports matches or for a cup of tea, rather than large parties, were responsible for increasing Covid-19 cases among younger people, chief executive of the Health Service Executive (HSE) has said.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,507 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

ShineOn7 wrote: »

To be honest they'll always blame something.
    It was house parties, colleges being back, penneys, celebrations after matches, I think it was Supermarkets a few weeks ago and now it's that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

To be honest they'll always blame something.
    It was house parties, colleges being back, penneys, celebrations after matches, I think it was Supermarkets a few weeks ago and now it's that.

I'd spotted that alright. Next they'll be telling us the virus spreads more where people congregate.

Advertisement