Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you adhering to the Households rule?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭robbiezero

jackboy wrote: »
    You have made your choice, they have made theirs. You shouldn’t be stressing about what they are doing. This thing is probably going to last another year easy.

This. We could be in rolling lockdowns for the next few years.

People need to stop getting stressed at the activities of others which probably have negligible effect anyway.
    I couldn't give two fiddlers if my whole estate has an orgy on the green in front of my window (Its a fairly mature estate so I would be unlikely to join in).

xhomelezz wrote: »
    Doubt you got his point, or you did and just keep playing stupid word game for the sake of posting something. Getting cheap at this stage.

Oh I got his point, loud and clear. Maybe it went over your head?

The only ones being cheap here are those who are attacking me for doing what I am supposed to do, (adhering to restrictions) while giving a free pass to those who couldn't be bothered because they're bored of them now, and sure they're low risk anyway.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I've explained it several times above. I can't do much more.

It's not about coffee. It's the OP criticising others for what they see as reckless unnecessary behaviour, while engaging in similar behaviour themselves - made worse by the fact that they actually ARE, by their own admission, at real risk.

Or if you prefer, maybe the old saying about people in glass houses might make the point better?

I am NOT engaging in reckless unnecessary behaviour.

The woman in Costa was, and if you can't see the difference between what she did, and what I now have to do to avoid the likes of her, then I have nothing further to say to you, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

The only ones being cheap here are those who are attacking me for doing what I am supposed to do, (adhering to restrictions) while giving a free pass to those who couldn't be bothered because they're bored of them now, and sure they're low risk anyway.

Just to let you know, I was answering to different poster. In case you've missed it I was kind of backing up your point of view.

xhomelezz wrote: »
    Just to let you know, I was answering to different poster. In case you've missed it I was kind of backing up your point of view.
    Apologies, I thought you were having a go, too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Dial it back a bit please, lets keep the discussion civil everyone

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Hav to say I'm getting totally sick of so ng everything right was watching everyone around me take risks and break rules.

My neighbor has a few families visit them every Sunday.

Also another neighbor who is a primary school teacher had 7 cars visiting her house today.

I've sacrificed so much hardly seen my elderly parents since March yet others can ignore even and just carry on as normal.

I would absolutely shame that teacher at least locally by declaring what school they taught at. Shamefully selfish and reckless behaviour.

It's hard to be civil when you're being so obviously attacked.

Maybe have a look at that?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It's hard to be civil when you're being so obviously attacked.

Maybe have a look at that?

Ban lifted after discussion with user.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Lockheed

Haven't seen my nanny in 6 months, my grandma in a year, my friends in 5 months. Will continue this for as long as necessary, I'm not a selfish cnut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Lockheed wrote: »
    Haven't seen my nanny in 6 months, my grandma in a year, my friends in 5 months. Will continue this for as long as necessary, I'm not a selfish cnut

Can I ask why you didn’t see your friends in July or August ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Antares35 wrote: »
    Maybe they can't afford crèche? Is it not a good thing if grandparents can mind their grandchildren and facilitate the parents working and paying tax etc. where they might not otherwise be able to (or it simply might not be worth their while by the time they've paid crèche fees)?

Maybe the kids will pass it onto the Grandparents

Maybe, just maybe, there's more important things than babysitting

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Lockheed

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Can I ask why you didn’t see your friends in July or August ?

I did get out once in August, counted it wrong, 4 months then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

robbiezero wrote: »
    This. We could be in rolling lockdowns for the next few years.

I doubt that. The mood music is changing rapidly in relation to this virus. People are not happy with the Level 5 overreaction and they are very worried about the economy and other illnesses that are going undetected including the mental health impacts.

I think the world will wake up and smell the coffee in 2021 and just get on with "living with covid". Some restrictions yes but nothing like the nonsense we have today.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭nofools

People who blindly follow illogical rules are dangerous, weak-minded fools IMO.

True but the people who fabricate their own reality to justify their illogical actions are an absolute disgrace.

Spirit and intention, but not the letter.

Common sense always

Excuses, rarely

I doubt that. The mood music is changing rapidly in relation to this virus. People are not happy with the Level 5 overreaction and the they are very worried about the economy and other illnesses that are going undetected including the mental health impacts.

I think the world will wake up and smell the coffee in 2021 and just get on with "living with covid". Some restrictions yes but nothing like the nonsense we have today.

You are a fool to say it is nonsense unless you have no awareness of the situation in Europe now.

It is arrogant to think we could be different.

We dodged the bullet in spring with a very strict and well obeyed lockdown. Now it is different and your reasoning is toxic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

ShineOn7 wrote: »

They aren’t babysitting so mam can go off for a manicure and dad can play a game of soccer, they are looking after the children so the parents can work. Quite a difference.

And maybe, just maybe, all the adults involved assessed the risk together and deemed it to be acceptable for the grandparents to continue minding the kids.
    And if that’s the case it’s frankly none of our business.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Lundstram wrote: »
    Not at all. Had 3 friends around earlier for a match and a few beers, great laugh. I won't be putting my life on hold for something that won't affect me in the slightest.

Selfish? Probably. We are all selfish.

Speak for yourself.

I would absolutely shame that teacher at least locally by declaring what school they taught at. Shamefully selfish and reckless behaviour.

7 cars visiting?
    Well they do complain that their wages aren't high enough.
    Must be giving some grinds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

I hear you, bro.

It's like those assholes getting food parcels from the SVDP because theyre too cheap to buy groceries. Or those cheapskates in homeless shelters because they cant be arsed buying a house.

You're comparing Grandparents potentially dying from an a once in a century virus they catch off their Grandparents they're babysitting to ...
    • St Vincent de Paul packages and
    • The homelessness

Way to hyperbole, "bro"

• Advertisement

rinleezz wrote: »
    Funny you say that, because if you look back, you will notice that everything went downhill when restrictions were eased and schools reopened. You only seem interested in the financial effects of a lockdown, which is understandable. I'm lucky enough to have been working this entire time and I can only imagine what business owners are going through.

Lockdowns don't work?
    Have a look back at the case numbers/hospitalisations/ICU numbers from July...

The fact is that in a country open to other countries, lockdowns are the ONLY thing that works with the way people behave.

No they won't. They all had health insurance and they will be the last to be whinging in hospitals or blocking up A and E.

Unless the HSE takes the private hospitals again...
    Insurance cert not worth the paper it's written on then...

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭utmbuilder

I think we have reached a point that if they close schools, the people just cant handle it.

This weekend was tough for me I have to admit.

utmbuilder wrote: »
    I think we have reached a point that if they close schools, the people just cant handle it.

This weekend was tough for me I have to admit.

It is tough for everyone. I would close them in the morning. We can't afford to undo our situation more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭robbiezero

nofools wrote: »
    True but the people who fabricate their own reality to justify their illogical actions are an absolute disgrace.

Spirit and intention, but not the letter.

Common sense always

Excuses, rarely

Who exactly is fabricating their own reality? The people breaking the restrictions?

After 8 months of it, people are well aware of the reality.

Who exactly is fabricating their own reality? The people breaking the restrictions?

After 8 months of it, people are well aware of the reality.

Not from where I am sitting. I have never seen so many bad excuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Have seen a couple of people outside my household. Hardly massive risk stuff. Most people I talk to are the same, largely adhering to the rules, no mad parties etc. but not going to apologise for meeting a mate or two for an outdoors pint. We can't just put our lives on hold for months on end, work all week then see nobody at the weekend.

Expecting the population to sit at home and not see anyone for another 6 weeks was never reasonable, the government should be encouraging safe outdoor activities.

Open some outdoor free to the public gyms.. lots can be done on some calisthenic bars

You warm up quick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

ShineOn7 wrote: »

I'm not saying there aren't more important things than babysitting, I was responding to the sweeping statement that people who entrust their children into the care of their own parents while they work are "too cheap" to pay for crèche. My own parents met my daughter through a glass door for the first time because of covid, so you can go away with your lecture on keeping the elderly safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

For the most part following all the rules, we live next to our inlaws so we are cocooned with them. Other than the occasional trip for a takeaway we stay at home, get our food delivered.

Its crazy though most local establishments i have been in are serving people without masks, allot of teenagers going around without them as well.

I would say all bets are off at Christmas, the government wont be thanked for this lock down and if the numbers keep going the way they are we probably will be out early.

Advertisement