If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my LG oled worthless

Options
  • 08-11-2020 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I have a 2019 LG oled B9 that I bought from richer sounds last year.

I can't get a straight answer anywhere so mayhe you can, it appears this TV is absolutely worthless with the new gaming consoles. Its not able to deliver 120 fps even though it has hdmi 2.1

Can you give some advice on this because its not good , enough that a TV that is this expensive is worthless after a year.

I can't get a straight answer anywhere, from LG or other forum's

There has been a recent update to the tv but I said nothing about this so hoping you guys can contact LG and find out for sure.

Thanks
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Goose81 wrote: »
    Hey,

I have a 2019 LG oled B9 that I bought from richer sounds.

I can't get a straight answer anywhere so mayhe you can, it appears this TV is absolutely worthless with the new 
     gaming consoles. Its not able to deliver 120 fps.

Can you give some advice on this because its not good , enough that a TV that is this expensive is worthless after a year.

There has been a recent update to the tv but I said nothing about this so hoping you guys can contact LG and find out for sure.

Thanks

Says here that it does do it..

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-lg-b9-oled-at-999-best-black-friday-4k-tv-deal-7020

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭Goose81

Doesn't seem with that review it's actually been tested.

Any reviews that I have read where it's actually been tested say it doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Bill36

https://youtu.be/saqlzJRUAOM
    It does support 4k 120 HDR with rtx 3080 so definitely will do with the new consoles just make sure your tv firmware is update to new version 

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

Goose81 wrote: »
    Hey,

I have a 2019 LG oled B9 that I bought from richer sounds last year.

I can't get a straight answer anywhere so mayhe you can, it appears this TV is absolutely worthless with the new gaming consoles. Its not able to deliver 120 fps even though it has hdmi 2.1

Thanks
    Dave

It does support 4K 120hz and VRR with Nvidia Gsync for PS5. The link you cited was a pretty old one. They've fixed a lot of issues since then. It's a 120hz panel and the 2.1 port is fully certified for the full 48gbs bandwidth of full HDMI 2.1. It also supports Nvidia Gsync for VRR. So, I definitely wouldn't worry about it, it's an ideal TV to have for next gen gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

No, it's worthless. 

Send me on your address and I'll take it off your hands. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hey Guys.

Pretty much what Loughrey posted and the other guys said.
    I've done some checking myself online and have the same opinion.

"It does support 4K 120hz and VRR with Nvidia Gsync for PS5. The link you cited was a pretty old one. They've fixed a lot of issues since then. It's a 120hz panel and the 2.1 port is fully certified for the full 48gbs bandwidth of full HDMI 2.1. It also supports Nvidia Gsync for VRR."

If you want further confirmation on this you could call the LG tech team directly and they should be able to confirm this for you.

Any issues please let us know.

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.