Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is 2020 actually a good year?

• 08-11-2020 1:46am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭

The UK's days are numbered, Trumps gone and the Irish people have finally realised what Fine Fail/Gael are all about

Maybe 2020 wasn't all that bad

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The UK's days are numbered, Trumps gone and the Irish people have finally realised what Fine Fail/Gael are all about

Fine Gael will be remembered fondly, that’s how it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,442 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Maybe not but it certainly has not been the most enjoyable year with Covid arounfmd stopping us from having fun and doing what we like for most of the year.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

No.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 253 ✭✭Xtrail14

Chinese virus was my highlight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I got 10 weeks paid holidays so it's been a good year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

It's a year like any. Now that its November, we'll be seeing the "Y'all better hope 2021 is better than 2020 cus I can't even" Tweets from British girls, except you'll read it in an American accent. It'll have 221K likes & we'll roll our eyes at it.

Then when something kind of minor from a global perspective like a minuscule terror attack happens in Valencia where 2 people die, people will claim 21' is going to be terrible too.

Just the way it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,855 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

2021 will make 2020 seem like a picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Maybe people will have different priorities in life when all the virus stuff is under control and life more normal.
    It is like a reset year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

Xtrail14 wrote: »

What number is that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,509 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

One downside. Somehow you have become a spokesperson for "the Irish people".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

The U.S Election was just an exchange of fossils.

FF/FG taking a hit was balanced out by so many voting for Sinn Fein

The UKs demise wouldn't be great for our economy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭quokula

America’s had its taste of populism and put an end to it. Polls suggest the UK has had enough of populism too but they’re stuck with the decisions they made for a few more years.

Ireland had a dalliance with populism but our proportional representation system saved us from suffering the consequences, hopefully our next election will be more level headed as the covid crisis has taught us the importance of competent governance over pretending there’s easy solutions to every problem and using social media to spread your lies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭timeToLive

Meh was pretty **** for me - but that is by my standards

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Juliet799

No, I couldn't do anything, couldn't travel because of the corona virus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Other than the virus and it's accompanying $hite, it's been the same as any other year in some ways and better than some in other ways.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Juliet799 wrote: »
    No, I couldn't do anything, couldn't travel because of the corona virus

I went away to Portugal 3 times, going again for Christmas

Why couldn't you travel?

I restricted my movements and its alot more strict in the algarve than it is in Dundalk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,855 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Other than the virus and it's accompanying $hite, it's been the same as any other year in some ways and better than some in other ways.

Except for the €15k plus per head of population that we have blown in treating the flu+.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭seenitall

On a personal level, not just a good year, but a pretty great year for me! :)
    Completed a diploma course in the Uni, fought off Covid without any hassle, been on one of the best, nicest trips ever to visit a landmark I’ve long planned to see, and accomplished another very personal goal.

Very happy, thank you 2020!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

2020 was already deemed a write off when the first lock down hit. End of the world, everyone in tears feeling sorry for themselves instead of planning ahead.

Any groundbreaking human culling situation brings forward dramatic social changes because we are forced to change our world.

Maybe not great comfort for people who lost a lot now, but just pointing out that this is not just a catastrophe without a silver lining.

I’m quite curious to see how 2020/21 will pan out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Why couldn't you travel?

I restricted my movements and its alot more strict in the algarve than it is in Dundalk

Obvious troll is obvious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Obvious troll is obvious.

why ? I know I guy who has a house in crete. hes been there 3 times this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Personally 2020 was a great year as I bought my first house after renting for maybe over 20 years and COVID had no effect on my or my OH jobs.

For the world in general it’s been shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

Worked out ok for me too, finally got my degree, bagged a new better paid job in a sector I have been specifically studying for, quit my old job in retail before I had to suffer another Xmas in BT, my family remained healthy and i am looking forward to Xmas regardless of what it looks like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Xtrail14 wrote: »
    You like Chinese vilus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Why couldn't you travel?

Have you tried prunes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭lalababa

There were flights to Spain & Portugal all year. It's not as hard to piss off to the sun as you'd think...infact it might be harder to get to the beach 6km away than it is to fly 3000 miles!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,731 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Why couldn't you travel?

Any wonder Covid continues to spread with people taking the p!ss and ignoring the regulations and heading away on holidays four times a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The year of the bat.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭dubstepper

DM_2092 wrote: »
    It's a year like any.

Nah, not even close.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

No, my lack of travel is starting to get to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I'm optimistic about the future. Think we hit a low point and quite quickly at that but the wheel is slowly starting to change in the right direction.

People will emerge from all this with a sense of what is really important. We will appreciate the little things such as being able to visit family/friends and the luxury of travel.

seenitall wrote: »
    On a personal level, not just a good year, but a pretty great year for me! :)
    Completed a diploma course in the Uni, fought off Covid without any hassle, been on one of the best, nicest trips ever to visit a landmark I’ve long planned to see, and accomplished another very personal goal.

Very happy, thank you 2020!

Oh yeah, meant to congratulate you on the No Fap challenge thread. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭COVID

...not bad at all for fans of Shamrock Rovers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Poxy year. Delighted to see the back of it. Can live without overseas travel but the lack of being able to visit my family, the constant stress that was visiting the supermarket or going anywhere, was so crap. Another couple of personal things have made it an awful year.
    Goodbye 2020 and good riddance.

Advertisement