Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EBS direct debits/standing orders online banking

• 08-11-2020 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭

Im with EBS who have a rather rudimentary online banking and I'm not sure where I'd see standing orders or direct debits, maybe I can't see them as there are none?
    I had a Vodafone order and after much hassle and stress I'm told it's cancelled but I don't trust they'd have cancelled the bill and not sure how I can confirm.

(I opened account as I was moving abroad, and was cheapest to leave idle, just recently back in Ireland... In case people are wondering why I'm using an account with poor online banking and no app!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Im with EBS who have a rather rudimentary online banking and I'm not sure where I'd see standing orders or direct debits, maybe I can't see them as there are none?

I assume you're talking about an EBS Money Manager account. I have this account and have a number of DDs every month for the usual utilities but when I logon into my acount, there is no list of the authorised DDs. Which means I can't cancel one if I want to preemptively block a possible debit as you appear to want to do.

In contrast, if I login to Bank of Ireland, there is an option to 'Manage Accounts', then 'Direct Debit Services' where you can permanently remove a DD or block the next one presented by a specific vendor. You need the Unique Mandate Reference (UMR) for any DD that you want to amend or cancel, they say that should be visible on your online statement.

You'll need to contact EBS to get that Vodafone DD blocked.

Advertisement