Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling moped - how to do it

Options
  • 08-11-2020 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi all

Thinking to sell my moped as I don't use it anymore.

If there is someone interested and he wants to do a test drive. Does he need to have his own insurance?

After I sell it I just call the insurance and cancel it?

Any other recommendations?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Cash in hand before any test ride. They need their own insurance and the moped needs it’s own insurance also for them to ride it. I would be cancelling the insurance before they ride/take it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Cash in hand before any test ride. They need their own insurance and the moped needs it’s own insurance also for them to ride it. I would be cancelling the insurance before they ride/take it away.

Not all policies require the other bike to be insured for riding other bikes extension to be valid, you need to check the policy documents.

Make sure that you buy a currency pen and check some notes before they get on the bike. Don't except keys for another vehicle as collateral, it might not be there's.

Advertisement