Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saturday Night on RTE

• 08-11-2020 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Poor Deirdre O'Kane is getting a right rollicking on another thread, and it's got me thinking!

Saturday night on RTE, what would we, the licence paying patsies like to see? Bring home Graham Norton? Scrap the chat show format altogether?

Personally I'd prefer they showed fairly recent films.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

BuboBubo wrote: »
    Poor Deirdre O'Kane is getting a right rollicking on another thread, and it's got me thinking!

Saturday night on RTE, what would we, the licence paying patsies like to see? Bring home Graham Norton? Scrap the chat show format altogether?

Personally I'd prefer they showed fairly recent films.

I didn't think she did too badly. Anything that keeps Darcy or Brendan O'Carroll repeats off the telly is ok in my book.

I thought the Tommy Tiernan show was excellent but Ireland has a very small pool of people that the audience would know that he wouldn't.

RTE cannot even attract decent guests on a regular basis for the Late Late show without trying to attract guests for a second chat show on a Saturday night.

I dont think they'd go down the route of a Saturday night movie when they have a family movie in the evenings but its always going to be a hard sell going up against Match of the Day or a movie on another channel.. hard to know what would work best but I'd like to see how Deirdre gets on for another few weeks

Advertisement