Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bad interviews

• 08-11-2020 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I'm studying media, and was wondering if anyone had examples of some poor interviews from recent Irish radio/tv?

I've been using Ryan Turbidy's interview with Paul Murphy from the Late Late as an example of someone failing to remain impartial. It's stuff like that I'm interested in, where the interview had an evident disregard for their subject, or just failed to engage with an interesting interviewee. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,274 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

What about interviews where the guest is sozzled? Any classic George Best or Ollie Reed will do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

There is an RTE news interview with the head of Web Summit.

This was done when they had announced that Web Summit was moving due to people running getting no help from the government. They were very critical of how the government didn't seem to care that they were losing the Web Summit, even do it was positive for Ireland.

The interview was a full-on attack on the owner who was trying to explain their reasons for moving. Dare anyone make a criticism of the government.

A quick look I found this article about it:

https://www.independent.ie/business/technology/web-summit/rte-should-be-ashamed-twitter-reacts-to-sharon-ni-bheolains-interview-with-web-summit-co-founder-daire-hickey-34169123.html

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭AVFC.Stephen

Theres an interview with Brian Cowen around 2008 where hes still hammered from the night before. Was on the wireless ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Ray Darcy, his entire career.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Klosterman

What about interviews where the guest is sozzled? Any classic George Best or Ollie Reed will do.

Thanks, I'm looking for incidents of the interviewer performing poorly. I've seen some of the shambolic interviews from Oliver Reed, I thought his treatment on the Word was pretty abusive actually, so it would actually demonstrate a real poor performance from all involve. Cheers

• Advertisement

jface187 wrote: »
    There is an RTE news interview with the head of Web Summit.

This was done when they had announced that Web Summit was moving due to people running getting no help from the government. They were very critical of how the government didn't seem to care that they were losing the Web Summit, even do it was positive for Ireland.

The interview was a full-on attack on the owner who was trying to explain their reasons for moving. Dare anyone make a criticism of the government.

A quick look I found this article about it:

https://www.independent.ie/business/technology/web-summit/rte-should-be-ashamed-twitter-reacts-to-sharon-ni-bheolains-interview-with-web-summit-co-founder-daire-hickey-34169123.html

Great. This is ideal. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,274 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Vic_08 wrote: »
    Ray Darcy, his entire career.

The one with "Jack Nicholson". If that isnt an example of a bad interview I dont know what is.

The one with "Jack Nicholson". If that isnt an example of a bad interview I dont know what is.

God, that was mortifying to watch. David Brent levels of cringe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Pat Kenny and Jerry Sein-field.

Advertisement