Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky 500MB Broadband, Tv and and Sky Sports €55pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Yeah I've been thinking about that. TV has dual satellite inputs and supports recording, just need to double check with herself that we're ok to cancel. Freesat seems to have all the channels we use the most, ever since I started using Film4 I've recorded tons of movies, more than when we had Sky Cinema. The channels are mostly just background noise when we are having dinner or can't be arsed finding something to watch so would mostly be CBS Reality for Judge Judy or TLC, Food Network etc which Freesat seems to have. Film4 isn't HD but I suppose for saving €45 a month just for basic channels I can't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

I’m chatting on FB with them. Someone suggested that few days ago. Not painless but definitely better than ringing. Just make sure to contact them early because it can take hours for them to reply & they finish up around 5.

Best offer I got is €58 for tv & broadband. That doesn’t include sports or movies.

I see last year’s deal is €60 this year. For €55 the new customer offer is the same as what they offering me now for €58.

Update:

He wouldn’t budge on that deal. €40 was for broadband & €18 for tv.

Eir & Vodafone have better BB deals. €18 for tv isn’t too bad but I barely watch it, so went ahead & cancelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Rang today to cancel after being on €65 deal for internet, TV, sky sports and sport extra package - they offered me same for €108 with breakdown as follows;

Internet €40

Sky Signature €38

Sky Sports €20

Sports Extra €10

I will definitely keep the internet at that price. I want the sports but I’m essentially paying €68 for it when you add in Signature which we don’t use much - so I could just get NOW TV for a good bit cheaper.

Anyone know if I go through with TV cancellation will I get a better offer there and then or hope for a call back before contract ends in 31 days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Experiences vary but in mine, I didn't get a meaningful offer back from Sky so went with Vodafone.

• Advertisement

Did you have to haggle much for the €18 on TV - I asked her could she do better than €38 on TV and she said she couldn’t..

Ya there was a bit of back & forth.

€108 is nuts. I was getting offered €81at first. That’s with Sports but without Sports Extra.

Went through with the cancellation - they came with no counter offers! I'd like to keep it really so hopefully they'll be in touch with an offer - if not I'll have to go crawling back!

Will they still offer me discounts if I call back a few days before they cut me off or will I be looking at the full price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭ruddy1987

Decent similar offer back this year…€60 per month for sports broadband and tv with €50 cash back and no set up fees.

https://www.sky.com/ie/deals

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭geordi

Anyone have experience with the switching time from Virgin to Sky? WFH so want to avoid significant downtime if possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭djdunny

Virign use their own fibre line into the house which would be different to the telecoms line that Sky would use, so you shouldn't experience any downtime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭skinny90

Hi all

im out of contract. For 70mb and regular tv.

Im paying 81 a month. Spoke to an agent who offered the 500mb and tv for €86.

told him I was interested if it was for less.

transferred to loyalty to wait 40 mins who offered me it for €91 and wouldn’t budge.

they pretty much called me a liar and said take it leave it.

any ideas what I do?

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,074 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Maybe switch to virgin?

They're giving away a tv if you switch over.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭skinny90

I’d prefer to stay, just wondering if people had advice on how to get the best deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭ruddy1987

If looking for virgin there Black Friday offer is €64 for tv and broadband and a feee 43” tv

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭as.eirinn

has anyone got a phone no. for sky, i cant get through . thanks.

I think you will get a few emails close to the time of your contract expiry entitled "Please don't go..."

You have to wait and see though, easy to do if you are on your own, but the thought of walking in one evening to be met by three teenagers and a wife without broadband and holby city is too much to bear for some.

Ha yeah my cut off date is a week before Christmas so can barely countenance it myself and no teenagers but losing access to Paw Patrol over the Christmas holidays would be a fatal mistake. I figure I could always just ring up 2 days before and keep the broadband?

Best alternative I’ve found is a Vodafone deal on switcher.ie for 1000MPS broadband, TV and sky sports for €66 for 12 months - it’s a good offer so weighing up whether to go with that or hold on for sky.

Nothing says Happy Christmas more than a few weeks with Vodafone TV box.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Del007

My god, those muppets at sky are so hard to deal with.

My 12 month deal with them is coming to an end (sky tv and broadband). They're telling me that I need to give 1 months notice. Surely this can't be right as I just don't want to renew my contract.

Anyone any advice on how to deal with these clowns?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Dingaan

You need to give 31 days notice to cancel TV per their terms regardless if you're in our out on contact. If your contract is ending today, then you would need to ring 31 days prior to cancel in order to terminate on your contract end date. It's listed on their terms since forever. It's a sneaky policy that I'm sure catches a lot of people out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Del007

I don't want to cancel, I just don't want to renew.

Surely if I don't want to renew then my contract will just expire?

They really are awful to deal with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,884 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

If you don't renew it'll just continue as is after the date - however any offer pricing you had will probably expire and you'll pay full price

If you do later decide to cancel, you'll still have to give them notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Ozvaldo

I havent a landline will sky sort that out for ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,884 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Yep, but how long it'll take will be dependent on eir who will do the install/own the physical lines. Sky will submit a request to them and request it to be scheduled

Unless you get the 500MB/1GB package this is (if available). That's done by Siro but same idea - Sky request it, they install it, and Sky activate the service then after that.

Any good cancelation deals, don't fancy going back to virgin or Vodafone.

Edit: Signed up for another, 3e extra from the previous deal so happy enough with that.

Post edited by Mantis Toboggan on

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

interested in the black friday deal. with virgin at the moment and paying 58 for 250mb only (only bb), so this is a no brainer to also get sky sports.

im more wondering if sky are worth it do deal with? ill overlap services as i dont how long they'll take to connect me, and ill keep virgin (i have fibre to home)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

Am out of contract with both Virgin and Sky. Thinking of bundling as I have used Virgin for BB up to now. Is the Sky Broadband service good enough as I know it is Eir fibre and I simply don't trust them on service or speed?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Got a text from Sky couple days ago. “It’s not too late to change your mind……”. The offer was €27 for Sky Signature. They offered me €18 on chat weeks ago :-)

Advertisement