Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to build this house?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Not a hope. The house is massive. It's 418.5 sqm and they're looking for €595,000. That works out about €1400 per sqm and that excludes purchasing the site, professional fees, service connections, etc. While not to my taste it's also finished well. Nice Italian marble to ground floor, curved stairs (more expensive than standard straight), high vaulted ceiling in sitting room, marble fireplace, roll top and Jacuzzi baths, large kitchen with aga, electric gates and large driveway, etc. These are all expensive extras.

I don't know Cork so can't comment on the location but looking at the finishes, size of house, etc it looks like great value for money. Even if you owned the land and had the family house nearby to help get planning permission, your Dad was a builder and your sister an architect and brother an engineer I still think you'd still struggle to build a house of that finish for that cost. It's huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,373 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Ya even if you had the site, you wouldnt get that house to that finish for the money being asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

With the finish on that I’d imagine the cost to build was probably around 180 per square foot, maybe more.
    Then add in the extras including garden, garage, gates etc.
    Looks very good value.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

standard builders prices currently are approx 150 per sq ft to builders finish. Put another 25 per sq ft on top to cover standard level of finishing. Put 20k on top of that for professional fees. Put 10k on top for development contributions and connection fees.
    and lets say 70K for a decent acre site in a standard area.

Thats 880K

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Surely to build, landscape, tarmac, electric gates, shed etc that is there it's closer to 1 million

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Building in Cork just out side the city but not as far as Midleton at the moment and I'm currently at €2300/sqr meter all in turn key including professional fees and planning contribution. My house would be high enough spec. That doesn't include the land price.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Advertisement