Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nimbyism: Windfarm off South County Dublin

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,729 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

I see the slide passing by the construction sites but not starting at them. The footage doesn't prove that construction was the cause. Bogslides have been happening for as long as there have been bogs. Large rainfall is the cause. A Kerry slide in 1896 killed 8 people.

Thats weak - heavy machinery has been tearing up the peatland surface there for the past 6 months from the top to the bottom of that bog. What do you think will happen peatland on a slope when its lower section has been ploughed up annd heavy winter rains arrive??:rolleyes: - it was an accident waiting to happen as predicted by locals and conservations NGO's at the planning stage.Same thing happened on a wind farm site a couple of weeks ago in Shetland and Ireland continues to pay big fines over the Derrybrein disaster.

It’s my opinion that a few posters are using environmental claims to shore up their nimbyistic agenda.

Would you ever put a sock in it - I've been working on various conservation projects for the last 30 years. I've also gone through countless planning files related to wind farms and seen the BS and nonsense developers put in their EIS statements relating to impacts on wildlife, peatland, fisheries water quality etc.. So spare me your nimby nonsense!!

https://www.rte.ie/news/connacht/2020/1116/1178326-derrybrien-wind-farm/

Its scary to think how many windfarms have been built in similar areas under such a flawed regime:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Would you ever put a sock in it - I've been working on various conservation projects for the last 30 years. I've also gone through countless planning files related to wind farms and seen the BS and lies wind developers put in their EIS statements relating to impacts on wildlife, peatland, fisheries water quality etc.. So spare me your nimby nonsense!!

I was responding to some one else spare your “outrage” and your ****e talk.

I would imagine the €100k a week the government is currently getting would help focus their attention on the environmental impact.

• Advertisement
Advertisement