Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Link between BOI & Revolut Transfers is broken?

Options
  • 09-11-2020 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi,

Before I updated to the new BOI Mobile App I was able to transfer funds from my BOI account into my Revolut Card instantly with the single click of a button, however since I've updated the B365 App whenever I click on the Transfer Funds button it seems to try to bring me into the B365 app (which it never did before) and not only that, it gets stuck halfway and never even opens the B365 app at all, so fund transfers are impossible.

THis is extremely inconvenient as I'm awaiting a new BOI Card for my account and I cannot access my funds as my old card has been expired. 

Can someone please assist as the issue doesn't seem to be Revolut based but is instead just introduced since the B365 App upgrade.

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties topping up your Revolut account. Can I ask if this would be an account transfer? Or are you attempting to use you Visa Debit Card to top up your Revolut account?

Thanks, Aisling.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties topping up your Revolut account. Can I ask if this would be an account transfer? Or are you attempting to use you Visa Debit Card to top up your Revolut account?

Thanks, Aisling.
    Thanks Aisling,
    I am attempting to top up the Revolut card by using the Visa Debit Card. As mentioned earlier it used to happen all within the Revolut app, but since the B365 update it seems to want to do it a different way now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Thanks for getting back to us here.

Topping up your Revolut account should not be affected by the update of out Mobile App. Are you being asked to enter a Verified by Visa code at the checkout?

If not, it may be best to link in with Revolut to ensure they are not experiencing any difficulties at this time.

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

Topping up your Revolut account should not be affected by the update of out Mobile App. Are you being asked to enter a Verified by Visa code at the checkout?

If not, it may be best to link in with Revolut to ensure they are not experiencing any difficulties at this time.

Thanks, Aisling

Hi, no I’m not being asked for the Verified by Visa, it’s actually exiting out of the Revolut app and trying to open up The Banking 365 App on my phone.

I’ll link in with Revolut and see what they say.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

The Rook wrote: »

Thanks, Aisling

Hi, no I’m not being asked for the Verified by Visa, it’s actually exiting out of the Revolut app and trying to open up The Banking 365 App on my phone.

Thanks
    Hi The Rook,

When linking your BOI account to a third party provider's app, such as Revolut, this needs to be authorised on our side. Previously, this was done using the Keycode App. This has now changed and the account being linked is now authorised with the new mobile app. There should be an option to 'Re-Authorise' the third party app to access your BOI account on the Linked section on their app. This should open your BOI App and once you complete log in there it will redirect you back to the third party app.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Tara 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭darragh_k

Thanks, Aisling

Thanks
    Hi The Rook,

When linking your BOI account to a third party provider's app, such as Revolut, this needs to be authorised on our side. Previously, this was done using the Keycode App. This has now changed and the account being linked is now authorised with the new mobile app. There should be an option to 'Re-Authorise' the third party app to access your BOI account on the Linked section on their app. This should open your BOI App and once you complete log in there it will redirect you back to the third party app.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Tara 
    This doesn't work for me.  When I try to link Bank of Ireland from the Revolut App, the Bank of Ireland app opens, then goes into white screen, then times out.  Please help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

darragh_k wrote: »

Thanks, Aisling

Thanks
    Hi The Rook,

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Tara 
    This doesn't work for me.  When I try to link Bank of Ireland from the Revolut App, the Bank of Ireland app opens, then goes into white screen, then times out.  Please help.
    Thanks for coming back to us here on Boards.ie. 

We'd advise trying to log in to your Banking 365 App to ensure that you're not having any issues with the app itself. 

If you're able to log in successfully on your app we'd then advise trying to link your account again on your Revolut app. 

I hope this info helps. If you need any further assistance please feel free to get back to us here and we'll certainly so our best to help. 

Thanks, Eve 

Thanks, Aisling

Thanks
    Hi The Rook,

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Tara 
    Thanks for coming back to us here on Boards.ie. 

We'd advise trying to log in to your Banking 365 App to ensure that you're not having any issues with the app itself. 

If you're able to log in successfully on your app we'd then advise trying to link your account again on your Revolut app. 

I hope this info helps. If you need any further assistance please feel free to get back to us here and we'll certainly so our best to help. 

Thanks, Eve 
    This doesn't work.   I tried on a oneplus phone and on a Samsung Tablet.  both android.  neither work, the bank of ireland app opens and then white screen and then times out.

just to confirm, i can log in to both applications without any issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

just to confirm, i can log in to both applications without any issue.
    Thanks for getting back to us here darragh, to help resolve this for you we would recommend that you contact our customer service team directly on 0818 365 365 and one of our colleagues here will be happy to look into this further for you.

The team is available Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.

We hope this helps and that you remain safe and well.

Thanks Jen

• Advertisement
Advertisement