Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redo or renovate

Options
  • 09-11-2020 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭

I have a black concrete imprint driveway but am not happy with the imprint as it's too deep in most places and is hard to keep clean. Is it possible to skim this to make it more flat or completely flat, I can't make it much higher as the hall door is really close to the level of the driveway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

You couldn't really go putting concrete on top as it would crack but you could probably put a resin stone finish over it which would be very thin and look well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭horse7

Would that increase the height by much? Is it something I could do myself or any recommendations for a professional? Will the resin withstand cleaning by powerhouse?The driveway is about 30ft by 30ft?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

It might (would!) be hard to get the resin into the pattern to ensure that it wouldnt crack or deform itself.

how level is the driveway? You could epoxy the whole thing and then put whatever finish you wanted over it, or if you like the look of the current finish a clear, non slip epoxy might give you the best of both worlds, flat but with a pattern visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭horse7

Could you recommend a product for the non slip resin. If possible a you tube link also.

Advertisement