Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Party chat - Series X with One S/X?

Options
  • 09-11-2020 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Does anyone know if XSX users will be able to do party chat with XB One users?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

long_b wrote: »
    Hi all

Does anyone know if XSX users will be able to do party chat with XB One users?

Thanks
    Yep. Microsoft seem to be treating their users (gamers) at the centre of the experience rather than the console generation. You should therefore be able to party chat, play MP games, etc. with each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭long_b

Thanks for that.

Would anyone have a link confirming this please?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Hope this helps
    https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/help/hardware-network/console/xbox-series-x-faq
    Xbox FAQ wrote:
    Will Xbox Series X|S games support cross play with Xbox One?
    Yes. If a game is available to play on both Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One, you’ll be able to play multiplayer with gamers from both systems.
    Note Cross play is at the publisher's discretion, so there may be examples in which players on Xbox Series X|S won’t be able to play cross platform with Xbox One players.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭long_b

Great link - thank you.

it does say cross play but the young lad isn't convinced that that means party chat will work.

There are... discussions.. around whether we can trade in his XBox One without damaging his social activities :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

long_b wrote: »
    Great link - thank you.

it does say cross play but the young lad isn't convinced that that means party chat will work.

There are... discussions.. around whether we can trade in his XBox One without damaging his social activities :)

Tell him to listen to his elders and stop being a fool :pac:

I can talk to one of the lads on the Xbox using the PC app while someone else is using the mobile app. Of course console to console will work.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yes, MS have put a lot of effort into making sure that it's all one ecosystem, so you'll definitely be able to chat cross gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I was on party chat with two of my friends last night and it worked, I was on the series x and the were on the one s,

Advertisement