Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭costacorta

iancairns wrote: »
    They played till 10:30 last night
    Was it ? I thought it was 9.30 ? Anyway majority of afternoon players back on the morning. I presume they will go double tees as well for 3rd td ? .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

costacorta wrote: »
    Was it ? I thought it was 9.30 ? Anyway majority of afternoon players back on the morning. I presume they will go double tees as well for 3rd td ? .

The initial plan was not to have a two tee start on Saturday but will have it on Sunday. They are also due to start quite earlier on Sunday so they have 3 hours to play with on Sunday. All trying to accomadate the NFL and college football time in America too

• Registered Users Posts: 38,526 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

costacorta wrote:
    Only 50+ ties in the 3rd round so no issues getting it done tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

The initial plan was not to have a two tee start on Saturday but will have it on Sunday. They are also due to start quite earlier on Sunday so they have 3 hours to play with on Sunday. All trying to accomadate the NFL and college football time in America too

Surprised with the Masters allowing CBS dictate and having the golf finished for the football by 2.30 pm.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭Augme

Not a fan of mcilroy but fair play to him he’s showing bottle now

Is it not the opposite and generally what has always been the prbnaly with rory in that he has a tendancy to show up and perform when the pressure isn't on. After the first round his tournament was over and the pressure was off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Cantlay is a brilliant talent but he's so fecking slow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I wonder would anyone who can't finish their 2nd round today and has no hope of making the cut just withdraw. I'm guessing not as would be seen as bad form

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭John Divney

Bloody hell Ancer pulled of a timely worldie there, great round for him

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Lost ball for Bryson, seemed to plug and not found

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I can't believe that ball wasn't found, very unlucky. Like something that'd happen at my club during winter leagues

• Advertisement

Mad they couldn’t find Brysons ball not that far off the fairway there on 3 but they find every ball that goes left into the trees on 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Coltard saying there how DJ got to -12 earlier on. Only got to -10 by my reckoning!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

El Sueño wrote: »
    I can't believe that ball wasn't found, very unlucky. Like something that'd happen at my club during winter leagues

Pro golfers rely a lot on there being always people around to locate balls that are hit off line into thick grass. They are finding out in these strange times that they will lose a ball much more often than they are used to, even with some spotters around.
    We, ordinary hackers, are well used to losing balls in this way. So I don’t sympathise too much when it happens to the top guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,582 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Strange how shot tracer technology can follow a ball the takes off like a bullet, but the technology isn’t there with drones to pinpoint where it lands.

Probably do his RP thing from last year now and shoot 65 second round.

Nearly got it bang on. He is ridiculously frustrating. Even if he had just went round in level par this morning. He just got mentally down as he saw all the low scores and his iron swing wasn’t there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭tyivpc5qjx0f2b

One hopes Bryson can take a leaf out of Rorys book and rally to get himself into the weekend.

A little bit of a lapse mentally and rigid adherence to his strategy is looking costly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

McIlroy and Victor Perez would be a nice pairing tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Nice to see lowry. Nice birdie. He's definitely put a few pounds on over lockdown all the same

Some second shot by Bryson, but misses the eagle so stays outside the cutline

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Nice bounce back from Rory, hopefully Lowry can do the same.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Nice to see lowry. Nice birdie. He's definitely put a few pounds on over lockdown all the same

What's his score? Any chance of making the cut?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Happy4all wrote: »
    What's has score? Any chance of making the cut?

+1

One off the cut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭tyivpc5qjx0f2b

Mushy wrote: »
    Some second shot by Bryson, but misses the eagle so stays outside the cutline

Phenomenal shot, he didn't seem comfortable over the putt.
    He squared up, stepped back, readjusted the ball and then took the shot.

Phenomenal shot, he didn't seem comfortable over the putt.
    He squared up, stepped back, readjusted the ball and then took the shot.

In comparison to that chip on 10...likely be another bogey cos of it! Gas if he missed the cut now...lucky for him it's not a par 67

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

eagle eye wrote: »
    Only 50+ ties in the 3rd round so no issues getting it done tomorrow.

Well they need the guys to finish their second round before they can start the third round so not that much help!

Does anyone giggle when they see the mush on Bryson when this isnt going his way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

The mush?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Butch niggling at Bryson a bit. Don't think he was happy with him saying Augusta was like a par 67.

Bryson seems to have lost the head a small bit. Mentality may not be quite there yet.

The mush?

That pretend looking frowned face he constantly has anytime he isnt winning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭redarmy

gypsy79 wrote: »
    +1

One off the cut
    even par now

Advertisement