Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I'd say Bryson thought he'd just have to turn up and he'd win. Better luck next time kid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

7 over round for Dechamp. might still make the cut

Happy4all wrote: »
    7 over round for Dechamp. might still make the cut

That's the only time he'll be called Dechamp this week anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Being able to see all the shots on masters.com is class. A really brilliant facility to have. I just watched all of Bernhard Langers 2nd round this morning. Masterful to watch him get around the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,582 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

castor 1 wrote: »
    Gary Player won the The Masters in 1961 he became the first international winner and took the jacket home with him to South Africa. When Player then returned to Augusta National in 1962 he forgot to bring the jacket back, later telling Augusta National Director Clifford Roberts “Well, you can come and fetch it.” Player still has that jacket at home, but agreed to never wear it in public.

From ‘Golf Monthly’

That does not surprise me, I’ve always thought Gary Player was one of the coolest sports person around, I can just imagine the smile on his face as he told the Director to take a hike.

• Advertisement

Dav010 wrote: »
    That does not surprise me, I’ve always thought Gary Player was one of the coolest sports person around, I can just imagine the smile on his face as he told the Director to take a hike.

I find him an irritating totally up his arse sort of bloke. Could never warm to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

5 players on level par still playing.
    At present those on par make the cut, but if two of those five on par go to -1 the cut will be -1.

5 players on level par still playing.
    At present those on par make the cut, but if two of those five on par go to -1 the cut will be -1.

Jordan has a chance of being 1 of the 2

Speith missed a shortish put for a 2 on 16.
    It looks like level par will make the rest of the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

castor 1 wrote: »
    Gary Player won the The Masters in 1961 he became the first international winner and took the jacket home with him to South Africa. When Player then returned to Augusta National in 1962 he forgot to bring the jacket back, later telling Augusta National Director Clifford Roberts “Well, you can come and fetch it.” Player still has that jacket at home, but agreed to never wear it in public.

From ‘Golf Monthly’

Roberts was the man who said “As long as I'm alive, all the golfers will be white and all the caddies will be black."
    He committed suicide in the end, somewhere out on the course.

• Advertisement

greens speeding up nicely, should be an interesting Rd 3

First time the world's top 3 have been tied for the lead at the end of a round in any major

I think if Speith or Cabrera Bello birdie their last hole the cut goes to -1.
    Mike Weir birdied the 8th to go to -1.

Great effort from Shane to claw his way past the cutline. Look at all those luminaries near the top, one hell of a weekend awaits.

Delighted Shane made the cut he seemed to be enjoying a bit of banter with Tiger.

The boys on Off the Ball, were speculating if it might be a bad draw for Shane, and that Tiger's poor form could drag Shane down. They do talk some nonsense sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Happy4all wrote: »
    Delighted Shane made the cut he seemed to be enjoying a bit of banter with Tiger.

The boys on Off the Ball, were speculating if it might be a bad draw for Shane, and that Tiger's poor form could drag Shane down. They do talk some nonsense sometimes.
    Hindsight is great in these things.

kippy wrote: »
    Hindsight is great in these things.

it was a dream pairing for him, no matter what.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Is the cut level par ?

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Is the cut level par ?

Yes, confirmed now

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

60 players in for round 3.
    Even with 3 ball groups and a two tee start, it’s unlikely that they will get finished this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Bryson frantically trying to find an excuse.

https://twitter.com/MintzGolf/status/1327629465065807872?s=19

• Advertisement

He should get tested for other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I was saying at home how they should allow players further up leaderboard out first to give lads finishing today a break. They seem to have done that, but not starting till 4.20

• Registered Users Posts: 38,526 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

12 players showing with one hole completed and five of them are over par.
    Seems like it's been toughed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,526 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Mushy wrote:
    I was saying at home how they should allow players further up leaderboard out first to give lads finishing today a break. They seem to have done that, but not starting till 4.20
    It's a two tee start and that makes no sense. You'd be penalising the likes of Rahm, Pan and Reed for playing well and finishing late.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

eagle eye wrote: »
    It's a two tee start and that makes no sense. You'd be penalising the likes of Rahm, Pan and Reed for playing well and finishing late.

It's weird, they've actually started already. Masters app has a 6 hour time difference, so they might get it finished tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

AdamD wrote: »
    He also called a flyer from the middle of the fairway, is he one of those who has never hit a bad shot of his own doing?

That was a weird one. Aren’t the fairways mown back towards the tee? Thought I flyer usually comes when going with the grain.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭kippy

One would think there's a couple of hours needed between finishing round 2 and starting round 3, even just for the staff to set the pins, do the maintenance etc.
    Never mind scheduling the groups - which may not take too long in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

kippy wrote: »
    One would think there's a couple of hours needed between finishing round 2 and starting round 3, even just for the staff to set the pins, do the maintenance etc.
    Never mind scheduling the groups - which may not take too long in fairness.

I would guess that the second all groups had moved through 1 and 10, 2 & 11 etc they were changing pins etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Panrich

Two putrid iron shots in a row for McIlroy on 5 and 6.

• Advertisement

Advertisement