Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭scooby77

Way off topic but wife wants buy me jumper like mcGinley wearing today. Logo looks like a W , but dont think its Wilson? Cant find similiar in Wilson anyway. Anyone know brand. (Its the green one with zip)
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

From the fairway on the 8th he topped his second shot left into the trees like a complete hacker. He then hit his third from the rough against a tree and it ricocheted back, possibly into a bush

Edit: confirmed that it went into the bush

I can do that, can I play Augusta

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

DJ says thank you to Rahm. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

That is some capitulation from Rahm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

If he wants to he a real top player Rahm needs to improve his attitude, moaning again about the green when his bogey putt missed left. Blaming everything but himself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

I saw Rahm taking a 7 on a par 5 in the Open at Portrush.
    He took five strokes to get down from 10 yards.
    He was 5 yards off the green, putted it up a slope, back to his feet, did it again, then whacked it with the putter a third time. It crashed against the flag and went 15 yards out the front of the green, followed by a chip and one putt.

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    McGinley said earlier “he’s mentally very strong” I had to laugh.

We'll see how mentally strong he is after that double, I assume he'll crumble

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

El Sueño wrote: »
    We'll see how mentally strong he is after that double, I assume he'll crumble

People that are mentally strong don’t behave like children. A grown man whinging like a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭Morrison J

McGinley said earlier “he’s mentally very strong” I had to laugh. Himself and Hatton are the two biggest **** on tour....like a pair of children.

I also think McGinley is awful. Says the same thing over and over. The hair - Christ.

Ah here you don't get 5 wins on the PGA tour by the age of 26 if you aren't mentally strong. I think people overreact to players showing a bit of emotion personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

scooby77 wrote: »
    Way off topic but wife wants buy me jumper like mcGinley wearing today. Logo looks like a W , but dont think its Wilson? Cant find similiar in Wilson anyway. Anyone know brand. (Its the green one with zip)
    Thanks!

I’m going to get a pair of Sandy Lyle suspenders.........I think they look terrific!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Have to say and I mean no ill will to Rahm, love watching him play. But man I had a good laugh watching those few shots. I'd be ripping the pi$$ out of a mate if they hit two shots like that in a row.

Makes me feel a little better about my game while I lie on the couch hooking a whisky into me:)

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I’m going to get a pair of Sandy Lyle suspenders.........I think they look terrific!

Apparently he was bundled off the course and barred for bringing embarrassed to the Augusta overlords.

Morrison J wrote: »
    Ah here you don't get 5 wins on the PGA tour by the age of 26 if you aren't mentally strong. I think people overreact to players showing a bit of emotion personally.

Brilliant player no doubt, but the way he's hyped up you'd swear he was already a multiple major winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Apparently he was bundled off the course and barred for bringing embarrassed to the Augusta overlords.

In fairness a 60-something guy wearing one of these is a bit of a sight

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsXRysOKea3gfQjnZfG0DR6Sv2CLCu8ID3_yBf-9wR_1S4G0EELQCNS1gZsa9jkDKBbtFocbElrh-C&usqp=CAc

• Registered Users Posts: 52,009 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Suspenders?
    Braces surely.
    Aren’t suspenders used by women to hold up their stockings?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭Morrison J

El Sueño wrote: »
    Brilliant player no doubt, but the way he's hyped up you'd swear he was already a multiple major winner.

Ah the hype is completely justified. Majors are hard to win and he's still very young and only really come into his own in the last couple of years. Matter of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Suspenders?
    Braces surely.

Jasus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

McGinley said earlier “he’s mentally very strong” I had to laugh. Himself and Hatton are the two biggest **** on tour....like a pair of children.

I also think McGinley is awful. Says the same thing over and over. The hair - Christ.

Cant stand listening to him...
    Hatton Class A Knob...

• Registered Users Posts: 52,009 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Redriddick wrote: »
    Jasus

No. He didn’t wear suspenders either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

4Ad wrote: »
    Hatton Class A Knob...

Mind your language please

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

The 12th green is looking a little worn and patchy.

Another really good round from Rory but ultimately that 13th hole will cost him any chance he has of winning that green jacket.

2 over after 3 rounds for that quite easy 13th. Need to be at least 2 under for the 4 rounds to have any chance of winning.

4Ad wrote: »
    Hatton Class A Knob...

Don’t mind Hatton at all. Can see why people dislike him but for me it’s nice to see the emotion and thoughts coming true just like we act on a golf course.

The running commentary can be hilarious. Better than 90% of the boring class act pga Tour players anyway

What’s all that screeching about?

Suspenders?
    Braces surely.

Braces are more commonly called suspenders these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

Don’t mind Hatton at all. Can see why people dislike him but for me it’s nice to see the emotion and thoughts coming true just like we act on a golf course.

The running commentary can be hilarious. Better than 90% of the boring class act pga Tour players anyway

True actually..Cant imagine Dustin would be much fun (on course)..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,582 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Braces are more commonly called suspenders these days.

It’s a brave new world, is a belt now called a whip?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭djr15

What’s all that screeching about?

Was wondering myself. Thought Rahm may have canned one on the 12th for another ace....

... Not to be.

• Advertisement

Dav010 wrote: »
    It’s a brave new world, is a belt now called a whip?

Where I come from a belt was a good smack in the gob!

Advertisement