Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I must not watch enough golf either, DJ is very slow on the greens, has been for a while now, but it works. Hope he wins anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Anyone that's watched a lot of golf in the last year knows that DJ has slowed down significantly on the greens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

I must not watch enough golf either, DJ is very slow on the greens, has been for a while now, but it works. Hope he wins anyway.

He came out himself and said he slowed down big time at least a year ago. They’ve even mentioned his pace of play on the greens this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Holy **** Tiger

Stop the count

Thank Christ tiger didn't do that last year anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That's some hole by tiger

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Could be a 10 coming for Tiger.

10 shots. Bloody hell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

I don't see why they keep showing tiger when there are much better in form golfers to be watched elsewhere on the course.

I don't see why they keep showing tiger when there are much better in form golfers to be watched elsewhere on the course.

I agree but I can understand them wanting to show him when he's racking up a 10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Because he’s the reigning champ?

Because he’s Tiger Woods.

Because he’s going to have his worst score ever there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,582 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Because it’s Tiger, and it’s a 10, not usually in the same sentence unless there is a “-“ or “hole” in front of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,007 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

fullstop wrote: »
    Could be a 10 coming for Tiger.

Easy to do.
    Many’s a time I had one 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Because he's earned the right you pillock. We should be asking why we didn't see more of lagers rounds. Another man who's earned the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

Finally I can say I play golf like tiger woods .
    Having a 10 on a par 3 proves that .

Easy to do.
    Many’s a time I had one 😂

Amen (corner)!

Worst score I've ever made on a par 3 is 9. Just saying

Not getting the draw off the 10th tee is going to catch Rory out. Stuck on the massive downslope and just blocked it miles right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

To the guy who thinks DJ isn't slow on the greens... maybe you are missing the fact that the camera cuts away from him whilst he and his brother look at each putt for a silly amount of time.

Come on Smith.. what a player.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Because he's earned the right you pillock. We should be asking why we didn't see more of lagers rounds. Another man who's earned the right.

Attack the post and not the poster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

HighLine wrote: »
    To the guy who thinks DJ isn't slow on the greens... maybe you are missing the fact that the camera cuts away from him whilst he and his brother look at each putt for a silly amount of time.

Come on Smith.. what a player.

Dj is disgrace on greens , deserves a time penalty to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Who the **** are you calling a Pillock you c u nt

They all come out for the majors :rolleyes:

I've held in there, on this major.

But last 2 days have been terrible, boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

I've held in there, on this major.

But last 2 days have been terrible, boring.

It might still have a twist. Just beginning to miss the crowds on a Sunday to build a bit of atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,582 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Happy4all wrote: »
    It might still have a twist. Just beginning to miss the crowds on a Sunday to build a bit of atmosphere.

This year it’s about quality not quantity.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/golf/13185533/paulina-gretzky-dustin-johnson-fiancee-masters/amp/

Happy4all wrote: »

I doubt it.

But this is when the excitement would be 100 % , no fans and for all the talk of a great leaderboard during the week.

It isn't a great leaderboard at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

I doubt it.

But this is when the excitement would be 100 % , no fans and for all the talk of a great leaderboard during the week.

It was a great leaderboard early Saturday morning, but they all fell away.

Smith getting the breaks you need sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

I doubt it.

DJ has definitely weathered the front 9 storm but if Smith can stay level or even -1 through 5 on the back 9 I think DJ will wobble again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

DJ has definitely weathered the front 9 storm but if Smith can stay level or even -1 through 5 on the back 9 I think DJ will wobble again.

A Wobble is...One bogey? 2?
    DJ gets dry on 12 I think he’ll win it by 3 or 4

Advertisement