Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

DJ has definitely weathered the front 9 storm but if Smith can stay level or even -1 through 5 on the back 9 I think DJ will wobble again.

Smith doesn't look too comfortable himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

A Wobble is...One bogey? 2?
    DJ gets dry on 12 I think he’ll win it by 3 or 4

I think that's game over now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

I think that's game over now

?That was quick!!

CMcsporty wrote: »
    ?That was quick!!

Well I did say he needed to stay level or even go -1 through 5 to have a chance. You know there was only 9 holes left yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Quality from DJ
    IM is gone

Smith hanging in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Dechambeau with the excuses. You just weren't good enough Bryson, better luck next time

CMcsporty wrote: »
    Quality from DJ
    IM is gone

Smith hanging in

You only tuning in now? IMs been gone since the 6th. Bogey on 11 for Smith ended it.

Glad to see DJ win it, as much as I wanted a good final day I didn't want to see him it lose one again from such a dominant position.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I think Bryson may need to eat a carbohydrate or 2.

El Sueño wrote: »
    Dechambeau with the excuses. You just weren't good enough Bryson, better luck next time

Yeah quite enjoyed watching that, go home and suck your thumb Bryson 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Too early to give it to DJ.
    A birdie/bogey two stroke swing can easily happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Bit of a 2020 meh finish on the cards.
    There rest of the pack haven't posted anything to put doubt in DJs mind.
    He can afford to lay up handy on 15 now. Can't see him being anything less than -18.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,693 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Rorys wet

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

It’s definitely over now!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

El Sueño wrote: »

What did he say?

Roger_007 wrote: »
    It’s definitely over now!
    He is thinking about the menu for next year's champions dinner. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I think Bryson may need to eat a carbohydrate or 2.

He is not a very nice person, and is an insult to the game. To paraphrase Pat Spillane, " puke golf ".

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭castor 1

fullstop wrote: »
    What did he say?

Said he needs to get back to full health.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Interviewer bottling asking Tiger about the 12th there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

Morrison J wrote: »

What would have been the point? We all saw what happened. Question for another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

Enjoying the golf no end especially as i have a tenner on Cameron E/W, however if I never see that fecking sausage dog again at each ad break, it will be too soon :-)

• Advertisement

What would have been the point? We all saw what happened. Question for another day.

Because it would have been far more interesting than an anodyne conversation about the green jacket ceremony?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

This is now like watching the players on the driving range. I am disappointed that none of the other top players showed up either yesterday or today. I had expected that Rahm, in particular, would give DJ a fight but he’s gone from bad to worse.
    DJ could play one-handed from here in and still win!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,525 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Morrison J wrote:
    Did you ever think that they discuss the topics of the interview beforehand? And if Tiger says he doesn't want to talk about it they don't ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

fullstop wrote: »
    What did he say?

Basically that he had "dizziness" for a lot of the week and it caused him to blade and chunk a few chip shots. Funnily enough he only started mentioning these issues after his poor second round. He was grand before that

Morrison J wrote: »
    Because it would have been far more interesting than an anodyne conversation about the green jacket ceremony?

And it would have been perfectlyreasonable. Of course you ask him about the 10. Pathetic that she didn't. She even had an easy follow on of ' you followed it up with 5 birdies'. No wonder Tiger was all smiles.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Did you ever think that they discuss the topics of the interview beforehand? And if Tiger says he doesn't want to talk about it they don't ask.
    CBS actually asked him about it and he gave a detailed answer there so that's not the case here anyway. Just a bad oversight from the interviewer/producer.

eagle eye wrote: »

You're interviewing a sports personality not kim Jong un mate.

Record score very possible if DJ keeps going.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

It really was looking like one of the most exciting Masters in recent memories, especially when there were about 8 tied for the lead and 17 within 2 shots but it has failed to deliver. Mostly due to the overall brilliance of DJ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

-20...nobody was getting that even without slips or major mess ups along the way. Maybe boring as a spectacle, but a thoroughly amazing performance

Advertisement