Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Not hugely surprising in the circumstances, but almost certainly the least interesting masters Sunday in recent memory. Without the crowd it was always going to have to be a cracker to make something of it, but throw in a runaway winner and it's starting to feel like a chore to watch it.

Tiger's 10 about the only moment of interest all afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Mushy wrote: »
    -20...nobody was getting that even without slips or major mess ups along the way. Maybe boring as a spectacle, but a thoroughly amazing performance

Nobody put any real pressure on him. He could afford not to go for the green in two at 13 and 15. If there was someone hot on his heels he might have felt he had to go for them and possibly messed up. He ended up birdying both of them anyway.
    It’s not DJs fault that nobody played well enough to get near him. He’s done a very professional job.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭djr15

In fairness he still birdied both holes.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Nobody put any real pressure on him. He could afford not to go for the green in two at 13 and 15. If there was someone hot on his heels he might have felt he had to go for them and possibly messed up. He ended up birdying both of them anyway.
    It’s not DJs fault that nobody played well enough to get near him. He’s done a very professional job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

First time I've handed over the TV with 4 holes left to play in the Masters ever. Disappointed in Thomas and Rahm tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,693 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

First time I've handed over the TV with 4 holes left to play in the Masters ever. Disappointed in Thomas and Rahm tbh.

It’s not that bad !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Worst Masters in my memory anyway.

And even worse , I'm not overly excited about the current batch of players at the top of the game .

Only ones a little interesting are Rory, Reed and Bryson.

I seriously miss the atmosphere around sport too.

Will be interesting how hard they make it now in April.

Exactly

Nice to see DJ win one.

And he has a tougher life than most having to deal with that wagon at home...
    I'd say she's quite the handful.
    Dr. Bre wrote: »
    It’s not that bad !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Roger_007 wrote: »

All true but there was nobody to put proper pressure on him because he blew them out of the water yesterday. When the pressure was applied today he did falter a little and had either Smith or IM been able to step on the throat I definitely think DJ was fragile enough to be caught.

I'm glad he wasn't and I reckon now he'll push on past mcilroy/keopkas total and establish himself as at the very least the top of this generations class.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

All I want now is for Smith to make history and shoot 4 in the 60s

Agreed.

We could see a flurry of majors from him in the next 24 months.
    I'm glad he wasn't and I reckon now he'll push on past mcilroy/keopkas total and establish himself as at the very least the top of this generations class.

• Advertisement

FFS DJ, it’s a tap-in.......get on with it,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

It’s not that bad !

There's some class golf on show definitely but just lacks the drama. Fair play to DJ, he deserves it. All a bit mundane is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Completely deserved victory for DJ. An absolute dominant performance which has been a long time coming in a major.

His recent form has been unbelievable and I think all the focus on Bryson combined with the words of Brooks a couple of months ago have really got DJ going.

It’s not that bad !

I think we can all agree the worst thing about this years Masters is Cameron smiths attempt at a tash.

Birdie here on the last and DJ will be the only golfer under par this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I think we can all agree the worst thing about this years Masters is Cameron smiths attempt at a tash.

Maybe beforehand, but after shooting 4 rounds in the 60s at Augusta, he can get some leeway on it. Give him something this week at least

I’ve seen people more excited at coming third in the monthly medal.

Mushy wrote: »
    Maybe beforehand, but after shooting 4 rounds in the 60s at Augusta, he can get some leeway on it. Give him something this week at least

Only thing left to do now is enjoy DJs missus.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,390 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

What a lady

• Registered Users Posts: 14,370 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Only thing left to do now is enjoy DJs missus.

She looks like a right dose

• Advertisement

Fair play DJ. Well deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

Some performance ......
    Mrs Johnston that is

retalivity wrote: »
    She looks like a right dose

I wouldn't be paying her to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Worst Masters in my memory anyway.

And even worse , I'm not overly excited about the current batch of players at the top of the game .

Only ones a little interesting are Rory, Reed and Bryson.

I seriously miss the atmosphere around sport too.

Will be interesting how hard they make it now in April.

Rory isn't really that interesting..

I'd say she would give a headache to an Anadin.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Don’t ruin the moment with childish comments

Well done DJ.

lawred2 wrote: »
    Rory isn't really that interesting..

Relative to these lads around, he is. But it isn't hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Dominant from Dustin, good on him, likeable character, keeps his head whatever position he's in, and clearly the best of the lot recently. Temperament has improved, ability was always there

Why does Mcginely keep say Dj was favourite.

Was it not Bryson?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Why does Mcginely keep say Dj was favourite.

Was it not Bryson?
    Was Bryson but only a fraction in it. DJ was 2nd fav in most lists.

Advertisement