Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

That 10 on 12 really got to Tiger. Last six holes in -5. Finished in the red. Like him or not but thats some spirit.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭djr15

That stood out to me also, no other player in the field would have that resilience with nothing to play for.
    That 10 on 12 really got to Tiger. Last six holes in -5. Finished in the red. Like him or not but thats some spirit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Fewest bogeys ever by a winner (4)
    - Lowest Masters score ever (-20)
    - Ties most greens hit in regulation last 35 years (60)
    - 11th straight round under par at The Masters, breaking Tiger's record of 10
    - Largest margin of victory (5 shots) at Masters since Tiger in 1997 (12)

Completely dominant.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I don’t like it being over so early on a Sunday! Roll on April

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Keano wrote: »

Just over in time to watch the first episode of “I’m a celebrity”

Get me outta here!!! :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52,007 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Keano wrote: »

In reality it was over a few days ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Didn't think we would see emotions like that from DJ.

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/1328074238889238535?s=20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Records galore but still bored silly by it, also surrendered the remote long before the 18th.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Happy4all wrote: »
    Records galore but still bored silly by it, also surrendered the remote long before the 18th.

I know it was boring , but there is not a chance in hell I would hand over a TV during a major.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Nice to see a few unconventional swings coming around again.

• Advertisement

I think the lack of fans at the event helped some players, I think they add extra pressure. To try hit a shot in front of a packed gallery or sink an important par save after hearing a roar of applause from another part of the course can’t be easy and was missing this year.
    Still it was great to see parts of the course you wouldn’t see if fans were there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Westernworld.

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I think the lack of fans at the event helped some players, I think they add extra pressure. To try hit a shot in front of a packed gallery or sink an important par save after hearing a roar of applause from another part of the course can’t be easy and was missing this year.
    Still it was great to see parts of the course you wouldn’t see if fans were there.

Fans make a huge difference in terms of pressure and results

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

In reality it was over a few days ago.

It was over on Thursday? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭BrianD3

144 sleeps to go :D

Let's hope that there is major progress on Covid vaccination between now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I know it was boring , but there is not a chance in hell I would hand over a TV during a major.

:D

Same in our house. In fairness, when its important she leaves the TV well alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Dr Devious

I posted a couple of comments on this thread in the last few days, McGinley essentially talked through his arse and that Paulina essentially has a fine arse in those tight pants yet both were deleted. Don’t think either was wide of the mark. How long will this comment last. Ridiculous.

Dr Devious wrote: »
    I posted a couple of comments on this thread in the last few days, McGinley essentially talked through his arse and that Paulina essentially has a fine arse in those tight pants yet both were deleted. Don’t think either was wide of the mark. How long will this comment last. Ridiculous.

And yet you continue to post the same. Do it again and you can have a break from here for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Dr Devious

And yet you continue to post the same. Do it again and you can have a break from here for a bit.

Ban away Charlie, for life if you wish, as if I give a flying fiddlers. I wouldn’t mind if I said something out of order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭redarmy

Harsh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭obi604

Just a general question and apologies for my lack of knowledge. It seems from a few posts I’m reading that some people seem to dislike bryson dechambeau. Is there a reason for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Keano wrote:

Always enjoyed the last 9 on masters Sunday with a few pints, there would nearly always be someone waiting on a decent payout

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭irishgeo

The slow greens made it easier. Augusta is about fast hard greens with bad putts running off the green. Hard to get motivated to watch it. No drama at all. 3somes and split tees all took away from the masters experience.

Plus I don't know half the players now.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,525 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Worst Masters in my memory anyway.
    Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,693 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

irishgeo wrote: »
    The slow greens made it easier. Augusta is about fast hard greens with bad putts running off the green. Hard to get motivated to watch it. No drama at all. 3somes and split tees all took away from the masters experience.

Plus I don't know half the players now.

You never heard of Dustin Johnson ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭zf0wqv9oemuasj

Great to see DJ win it, even if I didn’t have him backed this year. He played serious golf all week and really held his nerve on the back 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Dr Devious wrote:
    Ban away Charlie, for life if you wish, as if I give a flying fiddlers. I wouldn’t mind if I said something out of order.

Well said.

Id actually like to see DJ go on and win the other two majors and get himself the grand slam, it'd be fitting for a player of his quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

obi604 wrote: »
    Just a general question and apologies for my lack of knowledge. It seems from a few posts I’m reading that some people seem to dislike bryson dechambeau. Is there a reason for this?

For me it's just his whole attitude to the game.He thinks by building up his body to look like a weightlifter he can out drive and outplay everyone else on the course.I just think it's pathetic.Also his remarks about seeing Augusta National as a par 67 course because of how far he can hit the ball. This whole scientific approach and attitude to the game is bizzare.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Absolutely delighted for DJ, the best player on the post tiger era. Hopefully now he will get the credit he deserves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,525 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It'll be interesting to see how DJ does from here on. He's a two time major winner in two different events. Pressure is off him now and he could go on to win a few more.
    I think Brooks will be a serious contender again next year.

Advertisement