Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

kippy wrote: »
    Someone had to put them there........
    Patrons are part of the gig as a pro golfer in normal times, as are grandstands, paths etc etc.

I hate the term ‘patrons’. It sounds so stuffy and elitist.
    Why can’t they call them fans like they do everywhere else and in every other sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

A lesson a day or 2 before the masters is a bit strange.

Ah I’d say it’s just more observing really. Going by what Phil said yesterday it didn’t sound like he needed any lesson anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Who are the featured groups tomorrow on sky?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Ah I’d say it’s just more observing really. Going by what Phil said yesterday it didn’t sound like he needed any lesson anyway

Could be the start of something. I wonder could Butch take over from Bannon. Could be interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

All the cameras and press is all over Bryson. Their isn’t even that much talk about the defending champ and that is Tiger woods. Rory even tried to steer more of the press towards him.

All golf twitter, podcasts, writers and broadcasters are mainly talking about Bryson. Their is so much pressure on him now. And let’s face it it’s his short game that also won him the US open.

Interesting also to hear from Adam Scott who is also questioning the anchoring again and feels that’s where Bryson has an advantage too. I’d agree that the way Bryson putts is also anchoring.

Liked the way he steered all the limelight away from himself and onto Deschambeau. One of his better interviews, seemed really at ease.
    Still don't fancy him if things go a bit awry but not to say I wouldn't love it, an Irish grand slammer!!

• Advertisement

HighLine wrote: »
    So Rory has had a 4 hour lesson with Butch due to Rory not being able to see his regular coach Bannon as a result of Covid.

And Butch says Rory will win.

Link?

Butch is in Las Vegas and will be commentating on Sky from there. I have seen he thinks he will do well alright but no talk of working with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Exactly wrote: »
    Link?

Butch is in Las Vegas and will be commentating on Sky from there. I have seen he thinks he will do well alright but no talk of working with him.

He stated it in the coverage tonight. Rory flew out to Vegas.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Think I hurt my back watching Bryson on the range there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

What time is coverage starting tomorrow? Are TSN showing it anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,229 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

So Rory has had a 4 hour lesson with Butch due to Rory not being able to see his regular coach Bannon as a result of Covid.

And Butch says Rory will win.

The Butch Touch (sounded less creepy the first time round)

I would be very tempted to back McIlroy after that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Who are the featured groups tomorrow on sky?

Think Brysons group on from 12.30, and Tiger's at 12.55, not sure beyond that

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Susiequattro

The lesson Rory had with Butch was 4 weeks ago before the ZOZO championship

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

PARlance wrote: »
    The Butch Touch (sounded less creepy the first time round)

I would be very tempted to back McIlroy after that!

Butch cant cure his head. Or his putting. Or his wedge control. Or his irons. All in 4 hours:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I hate the term ‘patrons’. It sounds so stuffy and elitist.
    Why can’t they call them fans like they do everywhere else and in every other sport.

It's just one of the many quirks of The Masters. Personally i think all these things just contribute to the uniqueness of the event compared to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

It would be hilarious that the thing to upset Bryson would be a few slow play penalties.

They need the players to play to a good pace with the lack of daylight they have but they haven’t penalised someone since they did it to the 14 year old Chinese young lad.

A few penalties thrown around would be hilarious and interesting though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Think Brysons group on from 12.30, and Tiger's at 12.55, not sure beyond that

Its great for us that Tigers group is the featured group - you'll get to see every ones of Shane Lowry's shots as well, they normally show all three players

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

Looking very likely that there will be a weather delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

It would have been easy for the club to cancel due to Covid.
    Two Masters in six months is going to be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Just in case anyone doesn't know. Theres a new feature in the app and website called My Group that allows you to select golfers you want to follow and it will show every shot they take as they happen (probably not quite live but close enough I'd say). Will be live from the first tee time this morning, I've added about 10 players to mine to see how it works but think its best method to watch for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

fearruanua wrote: »
    Looking very likely that there will be a weather delay.

A delay to the start or in general?

• Advertisement

cant see tiger doing anything and rory will miss the cut, Koepka at 7 to 1 is decent though if he's fully fit again

That's like reading any of Donald Trump's recent tweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Leaderboard on the Masters site showing Round 2 for anyone else?

EDIT: Nevermind, they've fixed it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

That's like reading any of Donald Trump's recent tweets.

i said the same thing in the british open on his home course, where in fact i think you said something similar, we know how that ended up.
    I know you're a fan boy of his so defend away, but there's no need to insult me,
    that's trumpism at it's finest.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,229 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Just in case anyone doesn't know. Theres a new feature in the app and website called My Group that allows you to select golfers you want to follow and it will show every shot they take as they happen (probably not quite live but close enough I'd say). Will be live from the first tee time this morning, I've added about 10 players to mine to see how it works but think its best method to watch for now.

Certainly scratching the itch... I've included all the field in "my group" :)

i said the same thing in the british open on his home course, where in fact i think you said something similar, we know how that ended up.
    I know you're a fan boy of his so defend away, but there's no need to insult me,
    that's trumpism at it's finest.

:D:D:D we shall see after tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

PARlance wrote: »
    Certainly scratching the itch... I've included all the field in "my group" :)

Its better than I thought actually, I only had Leishman in my group of the early starters but its just showing me random shots now under a "great shots" header and more from a "course leaders". Pretty handy, initial thoughts are the greens seem soft.

Whiplash85 wrote: »
    A delay to the start or in general?

It looks the worst of the weather has just skirted north of augusta. Like literally a few miles.

Play suspended already.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Just settled in to watch the coverage and within 5 minutes play is suspended. Sigh

• Advertisement

fearruanua wrote: »

It looks the worst of the weather has just skirted north of augusta. Like literally a few miles.

or maybe not

Advertisement