Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechanical help/advice please

Options
  • 10-11-2020 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hi, hope I'm not posting in the wrong place but I have my nct on Wednesday morning and I've had a fault on my dash the last few months. I don't have the funds to get a diagnostic test done on it, but I'll explain briefly what the fault is. My fault is showing as the airbag passenger side, now my mam had hit the wires underneath the seat with her walking stick and we are both thinking she maybe has hit a sensor or something, basically I'm asking for any advice so I can fix the fault myself. I have changed the fuses in the fuse box but to no avail. If anyone can help a genuine damsel in distress I would greatly appreciate it. My car is an opel astra 2008 H. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Hi, hope I'm not posting in the wrong place but I have my nct on Wednesday morning and I've had a fault on my dash the last few months. I don't have the funds to get a diagnostic test done on it, but I'll explain briefly what the fault is. My fault is showing as the airbag passenger side, now my mam had hit the wires underneath the seat with her walking stick and we are both thinking she maybe has hit a sensor or something, basically I'm asking for any advice so I can fix the fault myself. I have changed the fuses in the fuse box but to no avail. If anyone can help a genuine damsel in distress I would greatly appreciate it. My car is an opel astra 2008 H. Thank you

You’re better off posting here:

https://touch.boards.ie/forum/1326

• Registered Users Posts: 29,391 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Unfortunately it won't pass with that fault, your mother has probably dislodged a sensor cable underneath the seat, have a look at it, but be careful, as that part of the loom is normally all connected to the seatbelt tensioner, which is effectively explosive, and could potentially be set off. Mine has a loom connector under the seats, it's highly problematic in meganes, check the internets to see what setup you have. I had mine disconnected due to an on going fault, unfortunately this means my side airbags and seatbelt warnings no longer work. This had to be done professionally, as the ecu needs to be tricked into thinking everything is fine, chap was cheap, but really good, let me know via pm if you want his number, but hopefully yours will be a simpler fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭janisjoplin

Gavlor wrote: »
    You’re better off posting here:

https://touch.boards.ie/forum/1326

Thanks, just posted on that forum

Advertisement