Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Mayor 2021 Directly Elected

• 10-11-2020 3:05am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

Wondering any interest so far
    Who do you see running?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

InstectOverlord 2021 make limerick great again #MLGA

• Registered Users Posts: 15 BoilerNooB

Good question. I don't know who I see running. Who would you want to see running?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mart 23

Marie Byrne , Richard Lynch (5 years of photos). Cecilia Holman Lee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭boardise

John Moran ... dunno if he'd be interested but has a mighty suitable CV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

I really hope we get some real choice, people go forward who are genuinely interested in Limerick and not just former councillor seeking to boost their own profile. How does one go about applying, when will this take place anyone know ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

dashoonage wrote: »
    InstectOverlord 2021 make limerick great again #MLGA

I'll be abstaining from politics next year due to family reasons, but at least after that I'll have the possibility of starting a new political dynasty in Limerick. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

mart 23 wrote: »

Oh Christ no.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

It's depressing that I know people who would vote for each of those in the list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Is this a joke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭adaminho

Mc Love wrote: »
    Is this a joke?

Yes, but also probably not far from the truth! (probably short Greg Ryan)
    I'd go for John Moran if he wanted it but outside names would be
    Dr. James Ring: Ex Civic trust and Limerick chamber
    Mike Fitzpatrick: Ex Head of LIT art college and Limerick City of Culture

Then you have the like's of Conn Murray and Willie O'Dea who would throw their hat's in the ring.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

boardise wrote: »
    John Moran ... dunno if he'd be interested but has a mighty suitable CV

Who is John Moran?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

adaminho wrote: »
    Yes, but also probably not far from the truth! (probably short Greg Ryan)
    I'd go for John Moran if he wanted it but outside names would be
    Dr. James Ring: Ex Civic trust and Limerick chamber
    Mike Fitzpatrick: Ex Head of LIT art college and Limerick City of Culture

Then you have the like's of Conn Murray and Willie O'Dea who would throw their hat's in the ring.
    Dr James Ring what's he like?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

bigpink wrote: »
    Who is John Moran?

Former Secretary General of the Dept of Finance. Current Chair of the Land Development Agency. Involved with the Hunt Museum and Livable Limerick. Constantly promoting Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭adaminho

Who is John Moran?
    John Moran is a board member of the European Investment Bank and Founder and Chief Executive of RHH International, a thought-leadership consulting and social entrepreneurship company.

He is widely recognised as a strategic advisor, a network builder, and a careful analyser of macro-trends, especially future directions for economic, regional and spatial development. He is passionate about education, urban redevelopment, start-ups and financial services.

Before RHH International, John served as Secretary General at Ireland’s Department of Finance where he was instrumental in helping guide Ireland’s post-crisis economic recovery, the restructuring of the Irish banking sector and return to markets by Ireland. He also played a pivotal role in influencing Europe’s move towards greater non-bank financing and EU capital markets union.

He has worked in a wide variety of other roles in aviation finance, in banking and capital markets, as a New York and Irish lawyer and as a banking supervisor at the Central Bank of Ireland. He studied law, taxation and financial mathematics at University College Dublin, University of Pennsylvania and Dublin City University. At 21 years, he became one of the youngest persons to be called to the Bar of the State of New York.

John and RHH support a number of not-for-profit organisations. He has helped establish and serves as Chair of Narrative 4 Europe, of eN, the Centre for Entrepreneurship in his alma mater, Sexton Street CBS, and of the social movement Yes to #LiveableLimerick. He is also Chair of the Hunt Museum in Limerick, involved in the restoration in a 13th Century medieval home classified as a French National Monument and is a board member of the Foundation building the new municipal library in Dublin’s North inner-city

His work has been acknowledged at home in Ireland and internationally, most recently, by the decision of the President of the French Republic to bestow on him the rank of “Chevalier de l’Ordre National du Merit” (Knight of the Order of Merit). For his on-going work in Limerick, he was awarded the 2016 President’s Award by Limerick Chamber.

Dr James Ring what's he like?
    Dr. James Ring, former CEO of the Limerick Chamber and now CEO of Ingenium.

James is best described as a ‘critical and independent thinker’ and here, he shares his thoughts on the importance of leadership and the requirements of leaders in times such as these.
    Both are very active on twitter with ideas for the city.
    https://twitter.com/moranjohna1
    https://twitter.com/drjamesring

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Jmccoy1

James Ring would definitely have my vote if he ever decided to run for the position. I knew him from school in CBS Sexton Street, and from his school days to the present day he has always been a person of vision that is able lead and articulate his ideas very well. He would definitely be a very capable person to run the city and county.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Locking this thread because speculation into people who might run for something is unfair on the people in question, when people put their name forward we can discuss them and their merits.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement