Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from politics

Options
  • 10-11-2020 4:18am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

I have been banned because the Moderator thinks I was trolling. Not a single post I made was a troll. I have been polite, courteous and treated everybody with respect. No foul language, no larking around and certainly no trolling.

3 posts were quoted to me. In one I replied to someone saying the Russian investigation into Trump was damning by saying "not really". That's not only my opinion but the opinion of Mueller and the US house or else Trump would've been out of office. But apparently that's a troll.

The second was asking if a guy called O'Keefee (some US U-tube commentator) was Irish. Perhaps the Mod thought I was taking the mick here or something I don't know. Anyway the guy I asked replied to me and told me no, he was American.

The third was me saying the impeachment of Trump didn't work out. Well technically it did because he was in fact impeached and when pointed out to me I posted that yes, he was in fact impeached. The posters were correct.

I'm not joking here when I say I'm genuinely at a loss to know what I'm doing wrong? It seems to be the case that having at least a not 100% anti-Trump bias is taken as not to be believed and therefore is in fact trolling. I have been very taken aback at this not least because I'm not even a "Trumpist". If one of them were to post on here God knows what the reaction would be.

If its a case that the politics section isn't really that but more of a totally one-sided echo chamber then fair enough. But at least it should be described as such and do away with the pretense.

V8

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you attempted to resolve this directly via POM with the mod?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

Yes Sir. He just posted those 3 posts I outlined and told me to appeal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'll look into it V8 Interceptor. Can you let me see the exchanges between you and the moderator please? You can post it here or in a PM to me.

I think he's deleted all the posts. To be honest I don't think it'd make a difference. If I was let back on they'd chuck me out within a day anyway. You literally aren't allowed say anything against the consensus.

Would I be allowed start my own thread and mark it as 'all opinions welcome' or something? Therefore the other thread would be left alone and nobody gets annoyed or whatever but anyone who wants to contribute to the new thread can do so?

Just a thought.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I've seen the three deleted posts, along with others in the same thread. The moderator has also shown me the communication via PMs between you, and as part of the process I'll need you to do the same.

I can only deal with your ban. When you're allowed back into the Politics forum you can look into starting a new thread. To be honest though, looking at all the posts that were deleted I think the problem isn't in saying anything against the consensus, it seems to be more a problem of post content. Politics is a serious discussion forum, and throwing in the odd question or one-line post that doesn't contribute anything of substance to the topic being discussed doesn't go down well at all. It also gives a lot of extra work to the moderators. There are other forums for more lighthearted discussion of everything, including politics.

Having said that, you are of course entitled to have me look into your ban.

• Advertisement

No that's grand Dizzyblonde. Best leave it at that :)

If you're sure, V8 Interceptor, an admin will close this.

I would suggest that you have a really good read of the forum charter and change your posting style in Politics. One or two posts with plenty to say are worth more than a lot of short posts.

Go ahead!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement