Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on setting up son's PC

Options
  • 10-11-2020 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Hey folks.

I recently changed PC for the first time in 7 years and as a result, my son has inherited my old PC. I'm looking for some advice on the best way to configure the system for him. He's 8, and will mainly be using it for Minecraft (with me) but also Fortnite and ideally sharing my steam library with him.

I don't know what the best steps are here. I presume he'll need his own copy of Minecraft for us to play together, but other than that are there certain types of accounts I should be setting up for him? Is it safe to say I should be the admin on the PC and set him up with an account.

Should I be setting up a child MS account? Do child accounts exist for other platforms?

Anyone here have experience setting up PCs/accounts for smaller kids? I want to keep him safe most of all of course.

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

Advertisement