If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LGCX55

Options
  • 10-11-2020 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm thinking about ordering this TV. Can you let me know you best € price delivered to ROI  please?

Thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

steamsey wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm thinking about ordering this TV. Can you let me know you best € price delivered to ROI  please?

Thanks.
    Hi Steamsey.

Thanks for the post.

The price has just dropped today on the 55CX to £1299 or 1479 Euro delivered.
    You are free to pay in which ever currency works out to be the cheapest for you.

Also includes our VIP 6 year guarantee free of charge.

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

Hi,

Thanks.
    Hi Steamsey.

Thanks for the post.

You are free to pay in which ever currency works out to be the cheapest for you.

Kenny.
    Any sign of the 48 inch price dropping?
    It is usually the bigger the TV the higher the price.

Maestro84 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks.
    Hi Steamsey.

Thanks for the post.

Kenny.
    Hey Maestro84.

It is not always the case of the larger the TV the higher the price unfortunately.

The 48CX has dropped to £1479 but our Euro price of 1499 Euro is by far the better deal on this one.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204872-lg-oled48cx5lc-48-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

The 55CX is still the better deal between the two sets.

Any questions please let me know.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

Hi,

Thanks.
    Hi Steamsey.

Thanks for the post.

Kenny.
    Hey Maestro84.

It is not always the case of the larger the TV the higher the price unfortunately.

The 48CX has dropped to £1479 but our Euro price of 1499 Euro is by far the better deal on this one.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204872-lg-oled48cx5lc-48-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

Kenny.
    I am getting it for my my bedroom, do you think the 55 would be too big?

Hi,

Thanks.
    Hi Steamsey.

Thanks for the post.

Kenny.
    Hey Maestro84.

Kenny.
    Hey Maestro84.

You can never have too big a TV ;)

I have a 55" OLED and its about 1.5 meters - 2 meters away from my seating position.

Kenny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

Hi,

Thanks.
    Hi Steamsey.

Thanks for the post.

Kenny.
    Hey Maestro84.

Kenny.
    I ordered the 55 CX today thanks to the great help of Kenny and mine is also for my bedroom and I can bet your bedroom is bigger than mine. I currently have a 50 inch in there at about 7 feet from me and I could easily put a 65 inch there if money was no object. I don't think a TV can ever be too big unless you live in a wardrobe. The benefit of a big TV is a small room like a bedroom is that you can benefit from the same immersive experience someone would get from a 65 or 77 inch in a larger living room because you're closer to it so can get the immersive experience of big TVs without the big price. I think it's a perfect bedroom TV at 55 inches as I feel my 50 inch is slightly too small for the full immersive experience so 55 is the sweet spot. I'd definitely go 55 over the 48 as I saw the 48 in the store and it looks tiny in comparison. When you're paying big money for a TV you want to get as close to the immersive large-screen cinema experience as possible, especially with the magic that is OLED so you can really utilize its 4K glory.

As for the question of why the 48 inch is more expensive than the 55 and is unlikely to change any time soon, it's to do with how they're manufactured, watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=045s-Uy4stg

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Maestro84,

thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you - I would not really agree with Kenny as I feel that whilst a really big TV is fun there are guidelines to assist that will help you get the right TV for you and for your space - these are just guidelines and of course you can ignore them or you may have specific requirements - but a good place to start is the 'What Hi-Fi guide to choosing the right TV for you'

https://www.whathifi.com/advice/tv-buying-guide-how-to-choose-right-tv-you

Thanks again Maestro and keep us posted if we can ever assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.