Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought a Chromebook for my 11 year old daughter

Options
  • 10-11-2020 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

I have got my soon-to-be 11 year old daughter a Chromebook.

Since I have been working more from home she has taken an interest in tricking about with my work laptop practicing her typing. She also has been hinting heavily that she wanted an iPhone or at a minimum an iPod that she could use to look at YouTube and use Google etc.

I though a cheap laptop would be a better compromise as it is less portable and she is less likely to be stuck with her nose in it at the dinner table etc like most older kids (and older adults sometimes!!)

Anyway with the Chromebook you have access to the Android app PlayStore but before I give it to her as a present I wanted to have a few useful apps downloaded on it - when it boots up at the moment it has nothing but the Chrome browser on it.

I am looking for suggestions on the best apps to install on it for an 11 year old.

BTW her friends seemingly all are using TicTok and I have been pushing back on letting her near that for another while - I thought that was for 16+ users??

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

arrowman wrote: »
    BTW her friends seemingly all are using TicTok and I have been pushing back on letting her near that for another while - I thought that was for 16+ users??

Its actually for people over 18, or below 18 with the consent of a parent/guardian
    The Terms form a legally binding agreement between you and us. Please take the time to read them carefully. If you are under age 18, you may only use the Services with the consent of your parent or legal guardian. Please be sure your parent or legal guardian has reviewed and discussed these Terms with you.

But sure nobody reads terms and conditions....
    :(

Advertisement