Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oldtown Woods, Celbridge

• 10-11-2020 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

New housing development in Celbridge. Anyone looked at these or any info about them? Going to look at show house this week.
    €385,000 3 bed-semi d
    €430,000 4 bed-semi d

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Show house open already :eek:
    Only started them a few months ago. The entrance looks very narrow

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭hi!

Stealthirl wrote: »
    Show house open already :eek:
    Only started them a few months ago. The entrance looks very narrow

Oh I didn’t know that :/ must be trying to get them up quick before the market changes. I believe they had viewing last month too. Advertisement says they’re hoping to have people moved in by the end of the year...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

They have a few house already completed... I think this is normal for new devs, they concentrate on getting 2-3 shows houses complete first?

I have no idea who will buy these houses on the front tho... you are looking directly out on to the footpath on a very busy road. You will be sitting in your kitchen/sitting room looking out at people walking and running by every evening :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

mloc123 wrote: »
    I have no idea who will buy these houses on the front tho... you are looking directly out on to the footpath on a very busy road. You will be sitting in your kitchen/sitting room looking out at people walking and running by every evening :eek:

some people love things like this - not me though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Thought the same, but if you like the city life you could recreate it :D Plenty of older houses were built like that, just look at English Row, Tea Lane or the Maynooth Rd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

They're all in and around the town and pre-date pretty much any estate so it's a bit different. This just looks like the typical site cramming that goes on nowadays. Like the new one behind Aldi there's zero allowance for when it's full of 3/4 car households in 20 years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Rye Bread

The noise off the road is actually mental. I don't know if it needs a proper resurfacing or what, but I can hear cars flying down it and I'm well inside Raphael's Manor.

I'm amazed how close the houses are to the path/cycle lane as well, would not be pleasant at all living in those front houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭rekdtangle

Typically in a development where there is a row of 4 houses they tend to be social housing. Perhaps this is what those ones are and thus they don't need to worry about selling those.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

The houses at the front aren't social housing they are for sale at a lower price than the ones behind.

• Advertisement

bulmersgal wrote: »
    The houses at the front aren't social housing they are for sale at a lower price than the ones behind.

Correct, just checked it and seen which ones they are now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭daheff

one thing i noticed on all their online photos, none of the bedrooms show a wardrobe. I'd be wary of how small the rooms are after a wardrobe is added.

that said, they look a slightly different layout to the traditional one, so might be a nice alternative for people.

very pricey though.

The videos have pictures of the wardrobes. I can't recall if the pictures online have them. I've been in the bedrooms and didn't think the bedrooms where small the four bed smallest bedroom was small in my opinion.

They are lovely house, think all new houses are quite expensive.

The videos have pictures of the wardrobes. I can't recall if the pictures online have them. I've been in the bedrooms and didn't think the bedrooms where small the four bed smallest bedroom was small in my opinion.

They are lovely house, think all new houses are quite expensive.

They are a nice finish. Prob cost ~40k to finish to the showroom standard. Living room very small as are the bedrooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 manjku

Hi all,

I and my friend have recently booked 3bed semi Type A houses in oldtown woods.

Has anyone in the thread booked anything there? Just looking to get in touch with the future neighbors :)

Thanks,

manjku wrote: »
    Hi all,

I and my friend have recently booked 3bed semi Type A houses in oldtown woods.

Has anyone in the thread booked anything there? Just looking to get in touch with the future neighbors :)

Thanks,
    rekdtangle wrote: »
    They are a nice finish. Prob cost ~40k to finish to the showroom standard. Living room very small as are the bedrooms.

Hey, are you talking about 4 or 3 bed?

manjku wrote: »
    Hey, are you talking about 4 or 3 bed?

Living room in B type I'm talking about. Would have been the other show house that was open.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭hi!

Out of interest anyone know how much ones at front are selling for?

Was going to put booking down on 4 bed but only front houses left. They also don’t have their own driveway so wasn’t for us.

I no the 2 and 3 bedroom where discounted as they have different layout to others. The 4 bed doesn't seem to be any cheaper from price list they sent. I heard the next phase is suppose to launch in Jan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Slightly off thread , and only curious .

Does anyone know what the story is with the Castlewellan estate, there seems to be a lot of empty houses there very odd

• Advertisement

Davidth88 wrote: »

Does anyone know what the story is with the Castlewellan estate, there seems to be a lot of empty houses there very odd

Could be the 10% social units? The final stage of that build seemed to get interrupted with the lock down in March, so maybe that too.

Davidth88 wrote: »

When I enquired Castlewellan in November, they had TWO 3 bed units left with price 430k and 475k as far as I remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Could be the 10% social units? The final stage of that build seemed to get interrupted with the lock down in March, so maybe that too.

If it's the 10% social then the local authority should hang their heads in shame considering the houses look completed and indeed on in the same row is occupied since early this year.

I am talking about the row facing the Maynooth road , one is occupied the other 20 or so are sitting empty for months now

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Love the look of these. Would be looking to buy late this year ~Christmas. Any word on a next phase? Hoping there’ll be 3 beds left by then

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Monaai

Does anyone know if the site completely closed down in this lockdown or if there is social housing in this phase?

I think they were allowed finish houses that are due to be snagged in Jan. From looking at the original plans to council the social housing was in next phases but it was scattered houses around the estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Are there multiple phases? Can’t get an answer out of the developer

They were suppose to sell the next phase in January, I don't know how many they selling in that phase though. I imagine there is a few phases going by other estates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I think they were allowed finish houses that are due to be snagged in Jan. From looking at the original plans to council the social housing was in next phases but it was scattered houses around the estate.

Most estate sites have got away with carrying on based on the 10% social.

• Advertisement

Monaai wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the site completely closed down in this lockdown or if there is social housing in this phase?

Haven't seen anyone in working on the site for the past few weeks

Advertisement