Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oldtown Woods, Celbridge

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,087 ✭✭✭buffalo

Has anyone got a photo of the backs of the houses? I passed them at a distance last weekend, and they looked bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cait2021

hi! wrote: »
    Out of interest anyone know how much ones at front are selling for?

Was going to put booking down on 4 bed but only front houses left. They also don’t have their own driveway so wasn’t for us.

Do you know if all of the 4 beds are sold out or only the 4 beds in the current phase are sold?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭rekdtangle

buffalo wrote: »
    Has anyone got a photo of the backs of the houses? I passed them at a distance last weekend, and they looked bizarre.

The back of the houses you saw were probably the ones with the back facing onto Oldtown Road. They are odd alright. It looks like there is a room cut out of the back of the house. I'd post a pic but it won't allow me to. I believe this was done to reduce the cost of some types of houses for sale there.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

rekdtangle wrote: »
    The back of the houses you saw were probably the ones with the back facing onto Oldtown Road. They are odd alright. It looks like there is a room cut out of the back of the house. I'd post a pic but it won't allow me to. I believe this was done to reduce the cost of some types of houses for sale there.

On the plus side it allows for a sky light in the kitchen

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DubLad69

It's done to give more privacy in the Type A house. If you have the house with the master window facing out then the person behind you will have their master window facing in to the side. So they won't be overlooking your garden or can't see directly into the room.

• Advertisement

DubLad69 wrote: »
    It's done to give more privacy in the Type A house. If you have the house with the master window facing out then the person behind you will have their master window facing in to the side. So they won't be overlooking your garden or can't see directly into the room.

That's not the reason why they are that shape though.

That's not the reason why they are that shape though.

It is though, if you read the planning documents, it says that the houses are designed in this shape to increase privacy between houses as a result of how close together the type A houses are built.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭hi!

cait2021 wrote: »
    Do you know if all of the 4 beds are sold out or only the 4 beds in the current phase are sold?

They’re 460k now so didn’t even bother asking what was available.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 conal08

Interested in the type C - has anyone viewed the show house here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,087 ✭✭✭buffalo

Sorry for large image. So much wall - I appreciate there's probably another house to go beside the gable, but where are all the other windows?

JLJ58FZ.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Snagged out cos they were cutting into the margin more than likely.

There are similar abominations opposite Lidl (in a site formerly occupied by one family home).

We are heading toward the stage where we'll be buying glorified prison cells for half a million a pop. But hey, at least they'll be A-rated, eh?

conal08 wrote: »

As far as I know there was only show houses for type A and type B. This was before current restrictions.

hi! wrote: »
    As far as I know there was only show houses for type A and type B. This was before current restrictions.
    Just checked my emails about the show house and you're right! Did you view the show house? The area seems great, decent connections into Dublin via bus and a short walk into Celbridge centre itself.

Yeah that photo does look strange alright. What house type is that? Can't seem to find a plan on the website that matches the window layout from the photograph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

2ndcoming wrote: »

There are similar abominations opposite Lidl (in a site formerly occupied by one family home).

Thos houses ended up being quite ugly, when I saw the plans originally they looked to be trying to match the style of the terraced houses furture down the road to main st.

I though it was a nice idea... but the end product doesn't look great

Sorry for large image. So much wall - I appreciate there's probably another house to go beside the gable, but where are all the other windows?

JLJ58FZ.jpeg

Yeah the windows are hidden around to the left, where there is the piece missing from the middle of the house.

It looks awfully weird! But gives more privacy.

Yeah that photo does look strange alright. What house type is that? Can't seem to find a plan on the website that matches the window layout from the photograph.

That's an A type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Yeah the windows are hidden around to the left, where there is the piece missing from the middle of the house.

It looks awfully weird! But gives more privacy.

It seems like an odd design... I guess you are not looking directly out into the house behind you (like every house built here for the last 50 years) but instead you look straight at a big wall 20ft away

I really like the layout of the A type, but the next phase won’t have any. No idea how many phases there are or when they’ll be made available. Anyone have any info on this?

I really like the layout of the A type, but the next phase won’t have any. No idea how many phases there are or when they’ll be made available. Anyone have any info on this?

The next phase has a row of them directly behind the ones in the picture. 12 of them.

• Advertisement

The next phase has a row of them directly behind the ones in the picture. 12 of them.

Ah ok. Is that it then? Probably won’t be going for a mortgage until end of year /next Jan so wondering will there be any still available

Ah ok. Is that it then? Probably won’t be going for a mortgage until end of year /next Jan so wondering will there be any still available

That's if for the A types after those.

There are other house types to come in future phases though.

The remaining A types will almost certainly be gone by then. The back gardens and absolutely tiny in them. Wouldn't be able to swing a cat.

Does anyone know why all the nearby development still have workers on site and these don't?

The remaining A types will almost certainly be gone by then. The back gardens and absolutely tiny in them. Wouldn't be able to swing a cat.

Does anyone know why all the nearby development still have workers on site and these don't?

The site is certainly open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Monaai

There isn't a showhouse for type c yet but they do look cool! Kitchen seems big with loads of light and its has the long stairs window too.

Monaai wrote: »
    There isn't a showhouse for type c yet but they do look cool! Kitchen seems big with loads of light and its has the long stairs window too.

Was able to view an almost complete type C last week and was very impressed with it.

Was able to view an almost complete type C last week and was very impressed with it.

How?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Diddles01

I also viewed type c and I was also impressed with type c, good size overall

Diddles01 wrote: »
    I also viewed type c and I was also impressed with type c, good size overall

Are these houses still avaliable? I assumed they were all sold out by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Diddles01

I viewed it back in December so not sure if they are all sold now.

Advertisement