If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couple of questions

Options
  • 10-11-2020 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys, couple of related (sort of) questions.

1: I've read on RicherSounds.com that Black Friday kicks off on the 27th but deals will start mid November. Does that apply with yourselves as well? 

2: I haven't bought anything in a Black Friday sale before. Is there a list anywhere of what will be on sale or is it more a case of check daily and see what comes up? There is one particular item I've had my eye on for a while, bit outside the budget at the moment so hoping it might see a price drop.

3: Finally I have an RX-V667 I bought off you guys a number of year back that is still going strong, coupled with the Vector speakers I bought from you at the same time I'm very happy with the sound and would like to continue using it when we upgrade our TV. 

However from what I've read it doesn't support 4K so using it as a source for streaming to a new 4K for anything above 1080 is probably defeating the purpose of a new tv. 

Is there any way I could cast sound from the tv to the AVR? It would more than likely have to be wireless. When I did the wiring in the room before replastering the plan was to install a projector. Because of this the AVR is at the opposite end of the room from where the tv will be going. Running an additional cable would be problematic.

A wireless adapter that supports other sources as well, (phone/wireless headphones etc) would be even better.

Cheers

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

DamoKen wrote: »

1: I've read on RicherSounds.com that Black Friday kicks off on the 27th but deals will start mid November. Does that apply with yourselves as well? 

2: I haven't bought anything in a Black Friday sale before. Is there a list anywhere of what will be on sale or is it more a case of check daily and see what comes up? There is one particular item I've had my eye on for a while, bit outside the budget at the moment so hoping it might see a price drop.

3: Finally I have an RX-V667 I bought off you guys a number of year back that is still going strong, coupled with the Vector speakers I bought from you at the same time I'm very happy with the sound and would like to continue using it when we upgrade our TV. 

However from what I've read it doesn't support 4K so using it as a source for streaming to a new 4K for anything above 1080 is probably defeating the purpose of a new tv. 

Is there any way I could cast sound from the tv to the AVR? It would more than likely have to be wireless. When I did the wiring in the room before replastering the plan was to install a projector. Because of this the AVR is at the opposite end of the room from where the tv will be going. Running an additional cable would be problematic.

A wireless adapter that supports other sources as well, (phone/wireless headphones etc) would be even better.

Cheers
    Hi DamoKen.

Thanks for the post.

Yes it applies to ourselves as well. All deals on the Richersounds.co.uk are for ourselves as well. (Excluding clearance items as these are located at the English stores).
    Black Friday is the 27th November but there has been price drops on pretty much all of TV's today and our .ie website will update shortly to reflect them.

There is no list of what will be available in the Black Friday sale. It's just a case of checking the website the night before as that's when the deals usually appear. Although with todays price drops there might be no deals left for Black Friday ;)

In regards to your amp. At the moment there has been as issue with HDMI Chipset in pretty much ALL 2020 AV receivers for 4K/120Hz for gaming and there is no current fix for this issue.
    The manufacturers are working on this.
    Your RXV667 from what I have read up isn't able to process 4K unfortunately. 

There would be no wireless sender that we would stock or that I could recommend. All AV receivers need the HDMI's plugged directly into them to get the performance from them. Using a wireless sender could cause all sorts of hand shake issues as we as audio delays and not something I'm familiar with at all.
    Most likely not what you want to hear though :( 
    They are out there online but I wouldn't be confident to recommend one.

Some receivers have built in Bluetooth so you could connect you phone to these for music.
    The Denon range have their Heos installed in them which is very good for streaming music and can incorporate multi room via Heos. This is all for audio and not picture.

You could maybe use a Heos link connected to your TV via optical and then you could use the Heos app on a Denon receiver to output the Audio as you can play the Link audio on any other Heos product. A link would cost £279
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202140-heos-link-hs2-wireless-zone-system.aspx?swapstore=1
    You would however not get proper surround sound this way via the receiver. 
    To do this it must be connected via HDMI to use it's processing.

I hope this helps.

Any questions please let me know.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

Hi Kenny, thanks for the comprehensive reply. Thought that might be the case with the deals, I'll keep a close eye on it between now and the 27th! :)

Regarding the AV reciever. I didn't give my full set up yesterday. I do have one HDMI cable already running the length of the room under the floorboards that I've got our current tv connected to the AVR through. I didn't mention it yesterday as until doing a bit more research and reading the manual last night I didn't realise the solution might already be there.

It seems that the RXV667 supports ARC. I'm not that familiar with the technology having never used it before but if I am reading it correctly as long as the tv also supports it this should allow audio to be output to the avr when using smart tv apps. Is that correct?

The tv I've been looking at is advertised as using eArc. Would this be a problem?

One last thing, the cable I have routed under the floor is around 5m. It gives me plenty of slack for the tv I have in the right corner of the room. However I'm not sure that will stretch far enough to connect to the tv as the connections are on the far side and it will be over the fireplace in the centre of the wall. Would a HDMI extender degrade the signal if I did that to connect another 2m or so to the existing cable? 

Cheers

Cheers
    Hi DamoKen.

Thanks for the post.

Yes it applies to ourselves as well. All deals on the Richersounds.co.uk are for ourselves as well. (Excluding clearance items as these are located at the English stores).
    Black Friday is the 27th November but there has been price drops on pretty much all of TV's today and our .ie website will update shortly to reflect them.

There is no list of what will be available in the Black Friday sale. It's just a case of checking the website the night before as that's when the deals usually appear. Although with todays price drops there might be no deals left for Black Friday ;)

In regards to your amp. At the moment there has been as issue with HDMI Chipset in pretty much ALL 2020 AV receivers for 4K/120Hz for gaming and there is no current fix for this issue.
    The manufacturers are working on this.
    Your RXV667 from what I have read up isn't able to process 4K unfortunately. 

There would be no wireless sender that we would stock or that I could recommend. All AV receivers need the HDMI's plugged directly into them to get the performance from them. Using a wireless sender could cause all sorts of hand shake issues as we as audio delays and not something I'm familiar with at all.
    Most likely not what you want to hear though :( 
    They are out there online but I wouldn't be confident to recommend one.

Some receivers have built in Bluetooth so you could connect you phone to these for music.
    The Denon range have their Heos installed in them which is very good for streaming music and can incorporate multi room via Heos. This is all for audio and not picture.

You could maybe use a Heos link connected to your TV via optical and then you could use the Heos app on a Denon receiver to output the Audio as you can play the Link audio on any other Heos product. A link would cost £279
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202140-heos-link-hs2-wireless-zone-system.aspx?swapstore=1
    You would however not get proper surround sound this way via the receiver. 
    To do this it must be connected via HDMI to use it's processing.

I hope this helps.

Any questions please let me know.

Kenny.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Damoken,

thanks for the post - the main thing is I would NEVER advise using any HDMI coupler or extender, especially if you are already running a 5 meter HDMI- any coupler or extender will almost certainly give you 'handshake' issues and we would strongly advise against that..

On the ARC - this should work for you however there is no guarantee that it will work across all Apps unfortunately.

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

Hi Damoken,

thanks for the post - the main thing is I would NEVER advise using any HDMI coupler or extender, especially if you are already running a 5 meter HDMI- any coupler or extender will almost certainly give you 'handshake' issues and we would strongly advise against that..

On the ARC - this should work for you however there is no guarantee that it will work across all Apps unfortunately.

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John, thanks for the reply. Yeah I half expected you to say that re the extender. From what I've read degradation of signal could be a concern. It is more of a last resort than anything else. Before going with that I was planning on removing the base plates either end of the cable run and see if there is any more cable caught underneath (can't remember precisely how long the cable is as I put it in a couple of years ago). 

If that's the full length other option would be to see if I could tie off a longer cable to one end and pull it through with the current one and replacing it in the process. 

Interesting to hear ARC should work though. 

Thanks for all the advice, I'll be in touch over the next week or two (if the tv I'd like to buy drops to within budget that is ;))

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Damoken,

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John, thanks for the reply. Yeah I half expected you to say that re the extender. From what I've read degradation of signal could be a concern. It is more of a last resort than anything else. Before going with that I was planning on removing the base plates either end of the cable run and see if there is any more cable caught underneath (can't remember precisely how long the cable is as I put it in a couple of years ago). 

If that's the full length other option would be to see if I could tie off a longer cable to one end and pull it through with the current one and replacing it in the process. 

Interesting to hear ARC should work though. 

Thanks for all the advice, I'll be in touch over the next week or two (if the tv I'd like to buy drops to within budget that is ;))
    No problem, keep us posted!

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.