Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Implant price variation Ireland

Options
  • 10-11-2020 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

Hi folks this has probably been done to death already but apologies if it has

Here's the scene...
    I need a couple of implants (1 upper molar +1 lower molar/premolar) so I just had a quick look on Google for suggestions

A huge difference in prices ie. €1400 vs €2500
    Am I missing something here or what should I be looking out for?

Surely most dentists use the same products? (forgive my ignorance if not?)

Have no intention of travelling abroad for these either so I'm looking for it done here, I don't mind travelling for a quality job but obviously want to get value for money (insert username jokes here)
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,577 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

cavan4sam wrote: »

Surely most dentists use the same products? (forgive my ignorance if not?)

It’s not ignorance at all, it is a fair assumption.

Unfortunately it is like thinking all cars should cost the same because they have an engine, four wheels and a steering wheel.

There are a number of factors which contribute to price, probably the most important ones are the brand/cost of the implant, the quality/cost of the laboratory work, and of course the value the Dentist places on their time. It would be fair to also assume that a Clinic that charges more, makes more profit, this may not be the case if they are using a more expensive implant and laboratory, nor indeed should you assume that a lower cost Clinic makes less profit, they may be using a dirt cheap implant and a Lab in China. Do your research, look for a personal recommendation (not from randomers on the interweb) and ask to see examples of their work.

Advertisement