Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Odd issue with Virgin

• 10-11-2020 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hey,

I have Virgin Medias 500mb package for ages & have been using it wired into my Nvidia Shield & PS4 & have always pretty much got between 450 to just over 500mb speeds for well over a year until about a week ago, I'm now only getting around 60mb wired, I've plugged out the cable on both ends, restarted all the devices including the Virgin Media Hub & also tried another wire but it isn't going back to the correct speed yet my wifi is pretty much the same as always.

Anyone ever have an issue like this & what's the best way to go about it?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Have you tried a different patch cable? How are speeds to other devices either wired or Wifi?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SlitsK92

LoGiE wrote: »
    Have you tried a different patch cable? How are speeds to other devices either wired or Wifi?

I haven't tried that no, the wired speed is cut on all devices for some reason, wifi anywhere from 200-300 which is normal enough, the odd time I'd get 400 but rare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Have you tried running a speedtest on a PC instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭DopeTech

It's normal for there to be blood the first time.

Serious answer, have you a vpn connected when doing the test?

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

DopeTech wrote: »

+1

• Advertisement

DopeTech wrote: »
    It's normal for there to be blood the first time.

Have tried in a Laptop & PC, wired speed seems stuck at that on all devices, no VPN connected at the time of speedtest.

I've been gettin speeds of 4-500 over ethernet for well over a year consistently & haven't changed anything in my setup at all that's why I find this so odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭65535

Recently I was testing the 1GB and an old install of an unused VPN limited the laptop to 500Meg. After the uninstall of the VPN it went to 900 odd and all was ok.

65535 wrote: »
    Recently I was testing the 1GB and an old install of an unused VPN limited the laptop to 500Meg. After the uninstall of the VPN it went to 900 odd and all was ok.

I don't have a VPN.

Okay so I didn't want to do a factory reset due to all my changes I made to settings over a year ago but I decided to do it there now and the link speed on my nvidia shield has changed back to 1000mbps from 100mbps.
    Speed test reads 500mbps, Let's see how long that lasts now :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement