Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entomosporium Leaf Spot

Options
  • 10-11-2020 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I have just found out why the leaves on my Pyrachanta have red spots and/or turning red. The plant has gotten Entomosporium leaf spot, presumably from all the rain we've had. Does anyone here know of any organic fungicides I can use to treat my plant? I read online that chlorothalonil can kill the fungus but I see that this has been banned in Ireland. Of course now that I've found out what it is, I need a dry day in which to prune off the infected leaves. There's a lot of rain forecast for the next few days unfortunately.
    Has anyone else had this problem, and how do you prevent it happening again? I think I've caught it early enough but I need to get busy fixing my plant.

Advertisement