Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm in Canada, can't call 083 number

• 10-11-2020 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm in Canada and need to call a mobile phone number in Ireland that starts with 083. However I've tried everything before the number and cannot get through. Can someone please tell me what numbers I need to dial before the 083 to get through to a mobile phone in Ireland from Canada?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,892 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

swatts wrote: »
    I'm in Canada and need to call a mobile phone number in Ireland that starts with 083. However I've tried everything before the number and cannot get through. Can someone please tell me what numbers I need to dial before the 083 to get through to a mobile phone in Ireland from Canada?

Mother of god, this is an old thread. But:

+353 83 xxx xxxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Posts moved to a new thread

Are you sure the number is correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭440Hertz

From Canada you need to dial:
    011 - 353 - 83 xxx xxxx

or +353 83 xxx xxxx (dialling “+” is only possible on a mobile)

If you're dialling 00 or have 00 stored in your contacts, it won't work as that's the EU/European international access code. The equivalent in North American +1 countries (US & Canada & some others) is 011.

If the call isn't going through, there's something wrong with your network or your calling plan doesn't support the call for some reason. It's not unusual in the US not to have international service on some lines, so perhaps similar applies in Canada?

It’s possible the mobile you're calling has some issue. However, if it can be called from other networks, it would suggest the issue is on the phone service you're using to call it.

Try it from another phone - if it rings, the issue is your service.

Failing that, try using WhatsApp or Facetime to call it instead, it would save you a fortune anyway.

Advertisement