Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fungi growing in the lawn

Options
  • 11-11-2020 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

This time every year, I get some clusters of fungi growing in my lawn. They look very unsightly and I wonder what I can do to get rid of them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Gorteen

Gorteen wrote: »
    This time every year, I get some clusters of fungi growing in my lawn. They look very unsightly and I wonder what I can do to get rid of them?

Pic of fungi I want to get rid of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Shows you have a healthy natural biome in you lawn. No need to eradicate nature totally!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I get the same, but i quite like them to be honest.

Got some very unusual red ones this year which i hadn't seen before, the grass was very jaded from kids playing on it so i treated it with lawn food during the summer, I took it as a sign that it must have made some difference at least!
    I say leave them be, i find them fascinating, they don't stick around for long and some of them can be quite beautiful looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

I have some fine specimens too.
    I'm taking it as a sign of a healthy lawn.
    Diversity of ecology.

Here's a nice summary Ignore the small sales pitch at the end of it.

https://www.rolawn.co.uk/toadstools-and-fungi-in-turf

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭legend99

Gorteen wrote: »
    Pic of fungi I want to get rid of

If the Kerryfolk hear of you getting rid of Fungi you'll be in a lot of trouble......!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Gorteen

Ok. I'll leave nature alone

• Registered Users Posts: 33,585 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I definitely had a lot more this year than ever before.
    Quite a lot have popped up over the last month or two.

I always thought it would mean your lawn wasn't in great nick, happy now that it may actually point to your lawn being healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,715 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Can often mean rotting timber left buried in the garden by the builders.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

legend99 wrote: »
    If the Kerryfolk hear of you getting rid of Fungi you'll be in a lot of trouble......!

Has he been seen at all - i lost track of the story.

Advertisement