Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running a virtual Conference

Options
  • 11-11-2020 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is the right forum but I couldn't see anywhere more appropriate so mods feel free to move if necessary.

I need to organise a large virtual conference- approx 300 delegates. We've decided to use zoom premium as it is affordable and it will allow us to use breakout rooms etc. I have little experience here so need to learn fast so would appreciate help.

1. If you recently attended a virtual conference, can you remember what worked well and what didn't work so well?

2. What would I use to develop a slightly interactive/drill down sort of programme/book of abstracts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

With large numbers, you want to use the Webinar setting, not Meeting. The attendees are all muted, and if they need to ask a question, they use the Q&A feature. This prevents the chaos that usually ensues in large Meetings.

Advertisement