If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming tv for both Series X and PS5

Options
  • 11-11-2020 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭

I am looking for one that would suit both the series X and the ps5, is there one that would ideally suit both and would I need to calibrate for the two or would one calibration suit

preferably with eArc, HDMI 2.1 and dolby Vision if such a thing exists

preferably 43 inch- 55 inch

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

recyclops wrote: »
    I am looking for one that would suit both the series X and the ps5, is there one that would ideally suit both and would I need to calibrate for the two or would one calibration suit

preferably with eArc, HDMI 2.1 and dolby Vision if such a thing exists

preferably 43 inch- 55 inch
    Thanks for the post recyclops!

The best TVs I would go for with eARC, HDMI2.1 and Dolby Vision would be either the LG Nano Cells or the LG OLEDs!

I would recommend the 49NANO866 at £699:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204685-lg-49nano866na-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-nanocell-led-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx?swapstore=1

Or the OLED55BX6 at £1098 which would be my first choice purely for picture quality!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204959-lg-oled55bx6lb-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

Let me know what you think of these options!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

thats perfect stuff

now to convince the wife 

thats perfect stuff

now to convince the wife 
    Good luck recyclops!:D

Let me know if you're successful and we can get you sorted!

Kind regards

David

again sorry for the luddite questions but would this run games in 120 FPS

my current LG has a 60hz framerate ( i think) and i am unsure how it all works 

again sorry for the luddite questions but would this run games in 120 FPS

my current LG has a 60hz framerate ( i think) and i am unsure how it all works 
    Hi recyclops,

I have been having a look into this and it's hard to find any definitive information on the refresh rate for gaming!

I have found an info sheet for LG NanoCell technology which says that they will play at 120FPS however I can't find any other information to back it up! I think if the TV has VRR built in then it should be able to handle 120!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hey so i eventually got round to persuading the wife, it says i cant order this online

https://www.richersoun...-hd.aspx?swapstore=1

do you know if it is possible to pay over the phone and be delivered?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Recyclops,

thanks for the post - we are hoping to have an update on availability on the LG 49NANO866 today - as soon as we have the update that stock is available we will reactivate the 'Buy-Now' button on the product page.

Thanks again Recyclops and apologies for the delay and keeping you guys waiting for stock updates,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

ah thats brill, thanks for the update I will check at the end of the day 

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

ah thats brill, thanks for the update I will check at the end of the day 
    Hey Recyclops.

It looks like the 49NANO866 is now showing back in stock.

If you want to go ahead and get one drop us your contact number in a PM and we can give you a buzz to finalise the order.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.