Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account fees

Options
  • 11-11-2020 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I currently have a personal and business account, however as I am not currently living or working in Ireland I was considering closing these due to the monthly fees recently announced.
    Please can you advise as to whether fees are still applicable if there are no funds in the accounts?
    I may be returning back to Ireland and would rather not have to go through the account opening process again.

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Bluesok wrote: »
    I currently have a personal and business account, however as I am not currently living or working in Ireland I was considering closing these due to the monthly fees recently announced.
    Please can you advise as to whether fees are still applicable if there are no funds in the accounts?
    I may be returning back to Ireland and would rather not have to go through the account opening process again.

Many thanks
    Hi Bluesok,

Thanks for your post and welcome to Boards.ie.

Fees would still apply on the account once it is open on our systems and a zero balance or no activity not make it exempt from these. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement