Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Basic Question

Options
  • 11-11-2020 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭

In Word, the "Save As" option is no longer there. How do you change a document but retain the original?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

if you go to file , save as should still be an option there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭crossman47

if you go to file , save as should still be an option there

Its not - thats my problem. I get Info, Save a Copy, Print, Share,Export. Transform, Close

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moans3536

If you are in a Word Document and you want to 'save as' the shortcut is
    press the F12 key - at top of keyboard

If you just want to Save - Ctrl +S

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

crossman47 wrote: »
    Its not - thats my problem. I get Info, Save a Copy, Print, Share,Export. Transform, Close

Save As , is saving a copy . Usually this option is only available when its a shared document or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

crossman47 wrote: »
    In Word, the "Save As" option is no longer there. How do you change a document but retain the original?

Check out Classic menu addon at end of the page in this link

https://www.addintools.com/documents/office/where-save-as.html#classicmenu

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
Advertisement